Dead Palmer's Blue Mille

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
I came home from work today to find the Palmer's Blue Mille frag dead as can be for no apparant reason at all. The only thing I can think of is the power going out with the rain stoms today. Any ideas or thoughts. It's been in my tank for 3 months, almost fully encrusted the plug in that time and sprouted another small branch. I tested my levels and everything's in check. Here's a pic of the sadness.

001-3.jpg

hmm well i dont know for certain but my closest reefer friend said she watched a mini brittle push its way into one of her healthy sps, a small little polyp hole on the side... and within a day it was completely dead like your saying... none of her other sps was affected and her levels were immaculate.. so they concluded it only coulda been the brittle.

Its funny how they just up and die so quickly like that. Oh well...that makes room for another new frag.

Great attitude Dave. Sorry to hear that you lost something, but on the other hand, having an attitude like that seems to make the hobby a bit more enjoyable. Assuming you are a bit like me, you are looking at this as a challenge to get another and keep it alive. :Cheers:

Great attitude Dave. Sorry to hear that you lost something, but on the other hand, having an attitude like that seems to make the hobby a bit more enjoyable. Assuming you are a bit like me, you are looking at this as a challenge to get another and keep it alive. :Cheers:

You got it Wade. Just this week it finally started to get some of the blue color back. I was so happy and then it dies just when I think its doing well . This hobby is definitely a challenge.

That is strange, but I have had corals die all of a sudden with no explanation too. I've had it happen recently to a chalice that just bleached overnight. I'd had the challice since the spring of this year, and everything else is fine! So many mysteries.

Back