deal or no deal - PFO pendants

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Quick question if anyone is on, I can get a pair of 250W MH PFO pendants. I don't know if they are electronic or not as I haven't seen them yet, but they are single ended and BRAND NEW. They were both fired for 15 min and never used. They come with 20k XM bulbs that were fired for 15min as well. He wants 300 for the pair. Deal or no deal? What else would I need to complete a setup, a third 250 and some actinics? Thanks!

300 bucks for single ended mh is a steal imo. Id go for it. and with the 20k bulbs you would nt need actinics. You could just get another pendant
okay after looking at marinedepot they are not a steal but a good buy. These pendant do come with ballast right? If not forget it

Last edited:
i would get them. but personally i would drop it down to 14k with actinics supplement for faster coral growth. and just with anything else try and haggle

Ok, I can't get any changes, these are officially "used" from the classifieds here. However this is another guy who bought alot of stuff and did not get the tank up and running. The deal is for two 250w PFO pendants, two pfo ballasts, two xm 20k bulbs, and hes asking 300 for the pair canadian dollars. Deal or not?

I never saw PFO SE pendants. Got a link or pic of them? AFAIK, PFO only makes HQI DE pendants. But, if they come with a ballast/ballasts, it sounds like a good deal.
You won't need actinics with 20k XM bulbs. They are really blue and they are also very low in PPFD. Here's their performance summary for DE and SE. Their PPFD is lower than many 175w bulbs.

Back