Hiker's 125g Upgrade

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
Well, I've officially committed to the 125g upgrade. I have the tank and just ordered the lighting today. Here's a quick pic of the dirty tank. This build will take a little while to complete because I'm doing an in-wall and need to build the room for it and run electricity. Progress pics will be taken along the whole process.

002-18.jpg

I purchased (3) Lumen Max 2 MH Pendants w/ 250W 20k Radium Bulbs and (3) Aqua Medic Reeflex HQI Ballasts

Lumen Max 2 Metal Halide Pendant by Sunlight Supply - AquaCave

250W Reeflex Cube HQI Ballast by Aqua Medic - AquaCave

They will be here sometime next week. :^:

What are you waiting for? Cut the hole in that wall already, let's get er going!

That's gonna be an awesome build...what are your plans with it? All sps's or a mixed reef?

Awesome. The 125 has a nice length to it. Any livestock plans yet? Tang tank?!

Wish it was that easy. I putting it in my basement, which is a rectangle with block walls that have been drywalled. Can't really cut a hole so I am going to frame out a section of the basement and build the tank in the wall. I need to get the supplies, rent the stud gun with the charges for the concrete floor and then frame it out. I am also going to run electric with dedicated breakers to the fish room so I don't overload anything. With working 6 days per week I don't have too much time to work on things. It's going to take some time.

I plan to do a SPS dominated tank with select zoanthids/palys and LPS. So I guess you can call is a SPS dominated mixed reef. The aquascape is going to be pillar style with some bridges and overhangs. I plan to use pvc, nylon rods and aquascape cement to achieve this. Since I'll have the room I'd also like to try out some mangroves. Fish will be a tang or 2, some anthias and wrasses.

Back