Diamond Goby weight loss

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
I have a pair of diamond watchman gobies had them for a couple of months. One is very fat and healthy and the other is very skinny.

She eats well sifts sand and swims but she gets skinnier every day.

Should I take her out and treat her? What with? Maybe its a parasite?

Any advise this is a new one to me.

Have you ever dewormed her? If not I would recommend deworming everyone with prazipro. I think you can do this in your DT, though it will affect feather dusters. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in!

Just because she's sifting sand doesn't mean she's getting enough to eat. Do you see her eating food you put in? If you don't see her eating your food, she may just be starving. But if you do see her eating your foods, then yes, could be a parasite, or maybe she's just not getting enough.

I know with my goby, he sifts sand all day, but if I skip more than 2 meals, he starts to look skinnier. But he gobbles up any food I toss in there and he stays nice and fat.

Well she is on her death bed as we speak completely curved spine cant breathe. I hate to see my fish suffer.

No the other goby and her were best friends they swam in sync and loved each other the healthy one was just sitting there sadly watching her on the sand bed.

Yes I feed my fish mysis every day and she ate just never gained weight.

I asked my LFS who is very knowledgeable and he didn't recommend me using de-worm in my tank unless other fish also showed symptoms.

Back