Dixie's 10gal mixed reef

So sorry about your losses, Steph. :( Water params all ok?

Yeah, nothing out of the ordinary. Still did a 20% water change just to be safe. I don't think they were dead long before I found them. The scooter was still soft and the other was a little stiff but cuc hadn't gotten to her yet.

I did go to the lfs today because a buddy of mine that works there said they had gotten some cool zoas in and got a frag and a fat female mandarin. Any ideas on what to name her?

IMAG3259.jpg

IMAG3260.jpg

Just a few pictures of the newbie. I was thinking of calling her Mandy. So i would have Laf the clown and Mandy the mandarin. I think its kind of cute. What do you think?

IMAG3273.jpg

IMAG3272.jpg

IMAG3269.jpg

IMAG3266-1.jpg

LOL so many people name there madarins mandy, its also my mandarins name lol. And y scotter blenny is named scotter No imagination on this end lol.

Yeah they work and it kinda works for us because it gives the kids a sence of what type of fish it is also, Like my 6 year old can name all the fish in the tank. Sometimes My Little sister in law asks me what fish it that and before i have a chance to answer Tyler shoots out of nowhere and says Thats ( Nick Name ) its a Yellow tang, or flame angel, depending on the fish.

Gorgeous mandarin...Cute name also...I dont name any of my fish, its the kiss of death. :death::shock:

Update: so my mandarin died while I was out of town thanksgiving weekend. Clown is still doing good. Got a yellow watchman goby that is just adorable and is doing good and eating well. Then went back to my lfs and sold some corals and got another firefish which has been nothing but drama. When I got home with it, I notice the bag had leaked all but anout 10 ml of water onto my floor board and I rushed her into the house and threw her into acclimation reall quick with my cleaner shrimp that I got for my 3 gal. I put her in the tank and I didnt think she was going to make it. She was laying on the sand bed breathing heavily. She made it through the night and was doing good this morning. I went to go clean the glass and she freaked out and jumped behind the tank but I was able to get her pretty quick. Then I went into town a few hours later and didn't see her in the tank when I got home so I checked behind the tank and low and behold she was back there. Dead but still a little wet. If I got home like 15 mins sooner I probably could have saved her. So now I am throwing in the towel when it comes to firefish until after our move and upgrade.

IMAG3427.jpg

Last edited:
Back