DIY Skimmer

I think those ornament packages would be too flimsy to really work with. I can sorta see in because of the clear green 2-liter top. But i would have to agree it is hard to tune it based just on what is being collected. Plus my wife just told me she is going to buy me a skimmer for christmas:mrgreen: so looks like this guy will just be running for a couple more months.

Well, just an update, a few days before I left on the cruise, it sprung a leak. Not sure if it was leaking out of the 2 litter bottle cap or where the 2 litter bottle was glued into the PVC fitting. Either way, I disconnected it since I didnt want anything to happen while I was away and didnt really have any time to investigate. Gonna have to look at it closer to find out.

Brian

Well, I took the skimmer apart since it wasnt doing anything. And because I am getting one in two weeks. Took the pump off and noticed that the intake was 90% blocked by :pooh: Some plastic shavings some algea some detrious what ever. I think that the airline tubing going in there created too much of a bottle neck and started collecting stuff. Like I said learning experience and bored while I was unemployeed. Just wanted to give you guys an update

Back