Doc's Reef Build

"T......-WHAT"?!?!?!?!?! WTF!!!

I wandered over to my tank today because I have been at work all week. I haven't had time to really do anything but toss in a cube of food. I checked out my tank and I STILL HAVE FUC%ING FLATWORMS!!!!!! AAAAARRRRGH!!!!! :frustrat::frustrat::grumble::grumble: WHY ME?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously. I know the directions say to nuke the tank again after a week, but I am scared SHITLESS I am going to lose the rest of the livestock. I don't know if my heart can handle another blow. I have noticed also that two of my favorite SPS corals are looking really weird and washed out and their polyps are not really out. Yuck. I may throw up.

I guess I will try to vacuum out as many as I can see and try another, stronger treatment. I just hope that in a week's time, they haven't been able to reproduce the same amount that died with the first treatment. What a huge, fuc%ing pain in the ass. Seriously, I am so disappointed and frustrated. Where is the vodka.....:passedout

-Doc

Any way you can move your fish as stuff to another tank while you nuke the worms?Hate to hear your still having troubles.
But in times like these,just suck it up and getter done.

i like yotes idea i think that it would be cheaper to go and get a little 20 al tank from walmart than it would be to replace everything in your tank.

I nuked the tank again last night. Before I did, I made sure to siphon out as many of the little bastards as I could. There were still just a ton of them writhing about in the tank once I added the treatment. I thought I killed them all the first time around. I had no idea these little fuc%ers could be such a pain in the ass!!!

I have no idea how things are going to pan out today. I guess I will wait and see. All the fish went into hiding after the flatworms started to die. I did another 20 gallon water changes about 3 hours later and and running heavy carbon as well.

I found the coral beauty. He is barely alive, but cannot get to him. He popped out once while I was doing a water change and both of his eyes have been picked out. My guess is the shrimp thought he was dead. Poor little guy. I think I will give him the cement funeral if he comes out into the open again.

I did find that the Lamarck's angel is still hanging on. Boy is it a motely crew in my tank!!! He has had his tail eaten off and two large scratches on one side of his body as well as cloud eye. He is a mess. But, he is still flipping about and actually ate a little yesterday. Amazing. If he makes it, I will name him Lazerus!

Anyway, we will see what happens!!! Lesson learned from this big pain in the ass??? Flatworms are NO JOKE!!! :frustrat:

-Doc

Yeah,you had the worst case of flat worms I've ever seen.And it dont take many to completely kill a closed system.Their not something to play around with.
After you get them killed down,you might want to think about a natural approach to controlling them.Several of the smaller wrasses are supposed to eat em.

wow doc, this is truly a sad story. I think my heart wrenched a little bit hearing about your coral beauty. I sure hope all this is over soon. hang in there bud.
grouphug.gif

I appreciate all your support. I have three healthy fish who are eating. Dory is alive and kicking, that is the most important. I fear I may still have some flatworms. I will watch a hidden corner where I can see some and hope they are dead. I cannot reach them with a siphon. Corals seem about half alive. Cross your fingers folks.

-Doc

I hope you won the battle. I'm going to treat my tank again before my next water change just to be sure they are totally gone. Haven't seen any but I want to be sure. All I can say is they are a big pain.

I saw his name logged on and thought that I might catch him quick. If I remember right this was supposed to be close to comittee time to see if he gets into a firm or something that Im sure I wouldnt understand completely. Hell be back, just like any good junkie, hell be back for his fix! haha

Back