Doc's Reef Build

That psych firm or comittee or med group or whatever it was that he was attempting to be a part of the last time he went on walk about. I thought that I remember him saying he had to put some serious time into it again in a couple of months.

I am alive, but abusively busy. I am attempting to join a group private practice. I am tired of working for someone else. The amount of time it takes to make that happen is ridiculous!!! I have not solidified anything as of yet, but I have been creating proposals and stuff that make me head spin. Add to that a large family, full-time AND part-time job and it makes me want to cry. It will be a few more weeks before I will be myself again.

My tanks are still humming. Sadly, due to my neglect (I am sure) I lost both the Asfur and Emperor. Squishy is still a monster, the radiata is fine as are both the Koran and Blue angels. I added a humu humu trigger on an impulse buy and he is tiny but a beast. So far, he nips my coral but nothing has been devoured.

My cyano is back in my shark tank, with a vengence, but I will fix that later. I still have flatworms in my 90 upstairs (dammit). I need to add another skimmer sooner than later.

That is all for now, but I will be back from time to time

-Doc

good to hear your still alive and kicking (for the time being) doc, sorry to hear about the angels, but its good to hear everything else is doing fine

Wow both new angels? Did you have a sidewalk smash party? That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear about that. That's awesome about the trigger. As you know I have almost impulse bought that fish a couple times now. Looks like you beat me to it. Ill be excited to learn exactly how bad it is with your corals, and to hear if there are some that he just leaves alone.

Hate to hear about the angels Doc.But wish all the luck in the world on getting in that private practice deal.
It'll settle down eventually.

Glad to hear your still around but busy. Sorry to hear about your angels and flatworms. Good luck on getting into private practice. Keep us posted when you have time.

Let's see, what is new? Well. I have new fish, new coral and NO FLATWORMS!!! Hell ya!!!

PB160030.jpg

I added this candycane a few weeks ago cuz it was DIRT cheap ($10). I like the two-tone look. It took me two weeks of using medication to kill those little bastards! They were totally out of control. Here is a word of caution for all reefers, if you even see one, treat your tank ASAP. They can kill your tank if you are not careful getting rid of them

-Doc

I call this coral my superman coral. The pic doesn't do the blue and red color combo justice. It was in the LFS for 3 months at the edge of death. It finally pulled thru but since it was just sitting there for so long I got it for $30.

PB160029.jpg

I have been selling off frags of coral lately and it seems as if the SPS corals sell the best for the most. My purple Tort is the next on to frag, but I have no idea how much to sell a two inch frag. Ideas?

-Doc

Here is a full tank shot to keep those interested tidied over for the night. I have a family dinner to get to and will not be able to pick up til tomorrow with the rest of the pics and stories. I have added quite a few new fish since the deaths due to the flatworm disaster. Hopefully there are still a few names on the forum I remember! LOL

-Doc

PB160025.jpg

from a quick search on frags.org i saw anywhere from 30-70 bucks for a one inch purple tort frag. oh and have fun reading the 8 million posts you missed

Looks good Doc.

Around here,a 2" frag of Blue Tort will usually run between 30 and 40 bucks.Depending on the store.

Doc its nice to see you posting. Is the superman a Lobophylia or Scolymia?

I believe it is a Scolymia. I am looking forward to it getting fat. I like hand-feeding this guy. He has like 6 small mouths. It is crazy!!!

-Doc

Thanks for the price quotes. I saw online a frag for $100 but I thought that was a bit much. I will likely sell the 2" frag for about $70.

-Doc

Your tank looks fantastic! Is the flesh of your brain pulling off of its skeleton? That's what mine looked like when I bought it, and it hasn't reattached since, and it's probably been at least a year that way :(

Looks good Doc.

Around here,a 2" frag of Blue Tort will usually run between 30 and 40 bucks.Depending on the store.

Do they make a blue one as well? mine is purple. Really purple. Crazy purple, but I don't know enough about SPS to know if that is the name, blue tort. Anyway, thanks for the pricing anyway buddy. :Cheers::Cheers:

-Doc

Back