Does this seem right?

ph33nyx

Reefing newb
I've been testing my water for the last few nights (around 5:30p):
Ammonia : 0
Nitrates : 0
Nitrites : 0-0.25
Salinity : 1.030 (this was a "Homer" moment when i realized i was doing top off's with saltwater instead of RO. I'm slowly bringing it back down).
Ph reading : 7.8
ORP reading : 28
I'm currently using RO water with Instant Ocean (will be switching to Red Sea Coral Pro when I run out) and dosing with Kent Marine Essential Elements once a week).
Temp was hitting 83 with my new lights, but with the addition of a 7" fan I've got it at 76.

All the levels look okay to me. Agreed with salinity, just as long as there isnt a sudden change, all will be dandy.
One thing though, what you dosing? Are you testing before you dose? Just remember if you are keeping up with those water changes, dosing is probably not needed, unless you are stocked full with SPS and stuff. :p

Don't waste your money on the Essential Elements.
As long as your keeping up with your water changes,your taking care of those.
Like Waddi said.Don't dose anything you don't have a test kit for.

I've been doing water changes 3g every 2wks.
A friend of mine said that he was using red sea coral pro with kalkwasser only. Is this what I should be doing?

Personally.Ain't but 2 salts I'd even consider for MY tank and that's either Sea Chem Reef or Oceanic.Those were the two salts that I had the best luck with.
Yeah,I had to dose for calcium and alkalinity,but a little bit of everything off and on.Plus the purple plague will suck up calcium and carbonate pretty quick too.

Back