Donny's twin spots

Bifferwine

I am a girl
Donny has a question about his twin spotted gobies, but is afraid to ask it... :mrgreen: They are starving and won't eat, he's tried putting food right in front of their faces, they just dig in the sand like they don't even see it. He's tried flakes, pellets, frozen, everything. He's had them for two weeks now. Any tips for him?

"Usually, the Twinspot Goby feeds off the bottom sifting through the sand for food. It should be fed a variety of live vitamin-enriched frozen brine shrimp, mysid shrimp, live black worms, and prepared foods for carnivores."

took that straight of Live aquaria

maybe they hide the food, so theyll eat it later on? :dunno:

I had a Diamond that totally ignored all food that drift right by it.I tried everything,even squirting a few mysis in its burrough(sp?)with a turkey baster....sadly within 3 weeks he/she died.God rest his/her soul.:sniffles:

I've had them a while like 2 months now. Do you think they would have died by now? Also I noticed one going number 2... Don't you think they have to eat something to go poopy?

/d

donnyholland said:
I've had them a while like 2 months now. Do you think they would have died by now? Also I noticed one going number 2... Don't you think they have to eat something to go poopy?

/d

Dude,Dont you think they'd like a little privacy while they do their bussiness?:shock:
I would think their getting some stuff outta the sand,maybe not enough.

You have selected a difficult type of gobie to keep. they are bottom substrait sifters. the food mentioned above is correct but they normally only eat it if it is in the substrait. a good live sand bed is needed. most failures with there fish are due to slow starvation. if they do not look good to you or if you think you cannot provide for them long term return um before they go down hill. if on the other hand they look to be ok. good luck. you have a better chance with a pair or two than you do with just one. good luck. keep us posted.

Back