Dreamwalk's 10gal Nano

Here's like every 20 inch light on ebay....
20 light, great deals on Aquarium Fish, Reptile Supplies on eBay!

Pick out what you can afford, you can allways upgrade if you like. With a compact flourecent you should be ok with most corals, just not the sps or some clams. I have a low-light clam, he seems fine so far. But I think this is getting way ahead of where you need to be. YOu need rock, a circulator, sand, and r/o salt water. Any Petco by you. I know some petcos have salt water pre mixed. Oh, and go to Lowes and get a new bucket for your tank and don't use it for anything else....

THANKS SB!!!

I wanted to get my tank on a stand before I actually set it up...so, to day, My step-dad and I sat down and come up with this design:

THOUGHTS< COMMENTS< ANS SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 229
  • Access.jpg
    Access.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 221
  • sumpchamber.JPG
    sumpchamber.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 223
  • explanation.jpg
    explanation.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 218
Why do you show the sump sticking out like an L? Why not turn it in line under the main tank?

I did that for ease of access...I wanted to be able to get down there without having to move the DT or the sump itself, also, I didn't want to have to fight with doors and cranped spaces.

Sorry, I didn't upload the Front view... that might make things easy to understand.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 208
I would, but they are kinndda out of my price range.. I mean look at it like this:

I can have a large, awsome tank, and have nothing to go with nit, no fish or equipment.

Or I can Have a smaller tank and have some pretty cool stuff.

Plus, I turn 18 this summer, then I only have one more year here at home, and I don't want to have to move a 50-90 gal monster.

I WILL upgrade when I get my own house though! And I can make another, larger stand just like this one.

Here is a drawing of the HOB overflow. It does work provided if you have to come in thru the side you have enough room for the elbow up. If you can come in thru the bottom your gold.

If you have to do the extra sphyon tube use a little bit of pvc of appropriate diameter for your application. and use that barb fitting I mentioned before with silicone.

I find to prime the syphon all I have to do is plug in my HOB and it actually spits out most of the output thru the syphon tube therefore priming it.

Attachments

• overflow.jpg
    overflow.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 187
Here is a drawing of the HOB overflow. It does work provided if you have to come in thru the side you have enough room for the elbow up. If you can come in thru the bottom your gold.

If you have to do the extra sphyon tube use a little bit of pvc of appropriate diameter for your application. and use that barb fitting I mentioned before with silicone.

I find to prime the syphon all I have to do is plug in my HOB and it actually spits out most of the output thru the syphon tube therefore priming it.

So, would the filter pump be turned on during the use of the flter as a over flow? Or whould you rely on the syphon?

So, would the filter pump be turned on during the use of the flter as a over flow? Or whould you rely on the syphon?

You merely rely on the syphon. which hopfully the HOB would provide all by its self and leave the HOB off. Mine didn't quite do the trick so I made a pvc section from the HOB to the tank. I only turn on HOB to start the syphon. I found out by accident doing this happens to automaticly prime the secondary syphon I had to use from the main tank to the HOB.

You merely rely on the syphon. which hopfully the HOB would provide all by its self and leave the HOB off. Mine didn't quite do the trick so I made a pvc section from the HOB to the tank. I only turn on HOB to start the syphon. I found out by accident doing this happens to automaticly prime the secondary syphon I had to use from the main tank to the HOB.

Thanks, I have a old HOB that has had the cord cut off... it was it a bag of extras that was given to me... it should fork for what I need, though I will have to start the syphon myself.

moving is easy dream! :D I just moved my collection of tanks and even tho i stressed a ton is was pretty easy, i'm thinking of getting a 90g for my bunker when I go to CSUMB this fall... we are allowed to have whatever the crap we want because its an old military base and we live in the bunkers (of couse, i halfta pay more for that :p lol)... you're 10 will soon move onto a 20, then a 50, then who knows!! building tanks is a blast :)

moving is easy dream! :D I just moved my collection of tanks and even tho i stressed a ton is was pretty easy, i'm thinking of getting a 90g for my bunker when I go to CSUMB this fall... we are allowed to have whatever the crap we want because its an old military base and we live in the bunkers (of couse, i halfta pay more for that :p lol)... you're 10 will soon move onto a 20, then a 50, then who knows!! building tanks is a blast :)

Im sure it is easier than I am thinking, but I already have the two 10gal tanks, and I wouldn't have to buy one....

I will upgrade later, maybe in a few years..

I really want a 55 bow front...the make em... Im almost sure. lol

Back