Dreamwalk's 10gal Nano

Ok....so here is a idea I have for a sump...

It is based a lot, if not identical to the one on melevsreef.com

DOn't laugh at my horrible paint art..

Attachments

• sump idea one.JPG
    sump idea one.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 590
I think she called me out, but I'm just happy she called....

Here's my tank as of today.

DSC_0340.jpg

And my Tang at the"car wash", like in nemo!!!

DSC_0227.jpg

Your tank looks great Seabee. I love the dimension with the background. It looks like it goes 10 feet back.

i can't believe you like that background. Everone else says it should just be blue, but I like the look also. See dream, you get to do it your way!!!!

OK.... lighting question... in this video the guy says for a reef tank, you need to have about 3 watts per gallon, so that means I would need around 30 watts....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v09515lSqyc&feature=channel[/ame]

So, if I used two of these 23 watt compact bulbs.(Witha total wattage of 46 watts)..

http://blog.nj.com/hg_impact_homestories/2007/11/medium_bulb3.jpg

In this hood, would that be enough wattage for my corals?:

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 363
would an algea scrubber be a good idea here for this guy? I'm working on mine after I nearly built a sump/refugium. I used a fitting and cut a hole in my HOB filter for the overlfow. I found the fitting in the electrical pvc fitting area(they grey stuff).

would an algea scrubber be a good idea here for this guy? I'm working on mine after I nearly built a sump/refugium. I used a fitting and cut a hole in my HOB filter for the overlfow. I found the fitting in the electrical pvc fitting area(they grey stuff).

How does that work?

Is the overflow for the sump cut in the back of the HOB? IF it is, then that is brilliant!!

We have a 20G that was upgraded from a 10G. We do not have a skimmer on it. We do have a 1G fuge filled with chaeto and 2 plant lights on it. We have about 4 inches of fish and ZERO nitrates. A skimmer is not an absolute requirement to get to zero nitrates so that you can do corals.

if you get good bulbs for that hood you have you can get away with keeping some mushrooms and leathers but if you want more than that, you will need more watts.

that ebay fixture seems to have enough power.. just be careful with no-name stuff... some people had issues with their lighting fixtures starting on fire...

if you get good bulbs for that hood you have you can get away with keeping some mushrooms and leathers but if you want more than that, you will need more watts.

that ebay fixture seems to have enough power.. just be careful with no-name stuff... some people had issues with their lighting fixtures starting on fire...

I read about that not too long ago... (EEEK!!)

Ok, I have heard mixed reviews of aquatraders.com , but how does this look?

Odyssea Power Compact Lighting

How does that work?

Is the overflow for the sump cut in the back of the HOB? IF it is, then that is brilliant!!

Yeah, as long as your HOB will maintain a syphon when its off. I guess even it it doesn't You could rig up a syphon hose from your tank to the HOB. Here is a link two the items.

If your HOB has a flat bottom then go ahead and use this and a PVC screw/slip(the screw end will screw into the remaining screw on the barb). Otherwise do it off the side..they make one that the hose barb 90's and as long as you have enough room inside you can put a 90 PVC elbow one end screw one end pvc pipe fitting.

I used 3/4 but you prolly only need the 1/2" version they make(home depot) PS use plenty of silicone to make sure it seals.

Carlon 3/4 In., Gray, Straight Liquidtight One-Piece Fitting - LN43EA-CTN at The Home Depot

Carlon 1/2 In., Gray, 90 Degree Liquidtight One-Piece Fitting - LN20DA-CTN at The Home Depot

Here's like every 20 inch light on ebay....
20 light, great deals on Aquarium Fish, Reptile Supplies on eBay!

Pick out what you can afford, you can allways upgrade if you like. With a compact flourecent you should be ok with most corals, just not the sps or some clams. I have a low-light clam, he seems fine so far. But I think this is getting way ahead of where you need to be. YOu need rock, a circulator, sand, and r/o salt water. Any Petco by you. I know some petcos have salt water pre mixed. Oh, and go to Lowes and get a new bucket for your tank and don't use it for anything else....

Back