Dreamwalk's 10gal Nano

I would go with the Fiji Live rock. The other guy has a $100 minimum order, plus shipping. The Fiji is no minimum, $15 shipping. So if you order 10 lbs., it was like 30 bucks, shipped, which is a friggin steal.. I know you are on a budget, but you better stop your complaining. The dude buy me sells that same rock, probably worse, for 14 bucks a pound, so 10 lbs = $150, and you're getting it shipped to your door for $30?, Just order it! IT's a steal. Let me know , I might buy some and sell it to the guys around here, I could clean up, maybe retire...

+1 SeaBee
that is a steal of a price. With shipping 10 pounds is 36 bucks to my door. Do the math, $3.60 a pound vs $5.50 a pound at my LFS. I may order some after Christmas.

WOW!!! $12 a pound. That is crazy. I thought $5.50 was high. I will count myself lucky. If anyone needs some maybe I can work with my LFS for some discounts. They have a ton of very nice LR right now. I was in there on Friday and bought 5 pounds of some smaller pieces of Fiji.

My LFS its 5.25/lb. any rock in any tank is for sale as live rock as long as it doesn't have coral etc growing on it. I've snagged pieces with tons of mini feather dusters and covered with purple. Being able to personally select pieces of good quality rock at my LFS is nice.

9$/lb here too. The rock is almost always COMPLETELY covered in hair algae. I refused to buy any locally. I drove a 4 hour drive each way just to get my rock, and I got it at 4$/lb, and it is very healthy looking.

If that website works out for you, you really need to let us know. I might be wanting to add some more rock to my 55 once I finish the switcheroo.

Ok. So, what are some of the things I need to buy for tank care...

Like, Aiptasia-x... got that on my list

what else in the "additive" category do I need to get.

You don't need to buy Aiptasia X unless you have Aiptasia X or majano. Don't spend your money on it until you know you need it. Otherwise it will just be a waste of $20.

You don't need to buy Aiptasia X unless you have Aiptasia X or majano. Don't spend your money on it until you know you need it. Otherwise it will just be a waste of $20.

biff i have hever heard of having an aptasia x before in my tank what does it look like do you have a pic of one?:mrgreen:

I just now got through this thread:D
Looks like you gonna have a hell of a tank Dream.
For right now,the only thing you actually need is salt and ro water.Of course,get yourself a refractometer.
Dont even think about suppliments and additives until your tank has finished its cycle and your ready for corals and fish.
You MAY not have to suppliment anything,depending on how often you do water changes and the brand salt you use.

Back