Dro and Mermer's first 29 gallon reef"

just an update. clowns are both doing great buttttt my corals are not! :( my branching hammer died from one night to an other my zoa's are all brown and shriveled up and dying and my sps is bleaching out...checked my water, everything is good. no idea why my corals are dying!

just an update. clowns are both doing great buttttt my corals are not! :( my branching hammer died from one night to an other my zoa's are all brown and shriveled up and dying and my sps is bleaching out...checked my water, everything is good. no idea why my corals are dying!

That's odd Mmmmmm.... The only thing I can think of is that its some sort of bio-load stress. That happened to me when I first started. I got some demanding corals for my tank to only have the die a week later never took in to effect my bio-load and all I had for my young tank.

If you fish are doing fine and you cant keep any corals, i wonder if you have some rocks with copper soaked into them. That would prevent you from keeping any corals alive, but fish will do just fine. Can you also keep any type of shrimp?

If you fish are doing fine and you cant keep any corals, i wonder if you have some rocks with copper soaked into them. That would prevent you from keeping any corals alive, but fish will do just fine. Can you also keep any type of shrimp?

ive had a skunk cleaner for about 5 weeks already and a pepermint shrimp for like 2 or 3 weeks already both doing fine

pests would tend to pick one type of coral, i am still leaning towards copper or some sort of heavy metal issue. Not enough to bother the shrimp, but the corals cant handle it.

at worse, you will have to replace all the rock and sand. However, before you take those measures, try running carbon for a month. Be sure to change the filter pad frequently and try and still up the sand a little bit. The carbon should help in removing some heavy metals.

at worse, you will have to replace all the rock and sand. However, before you take those measures, try running carbon for a month. Be sure to change the filter pad frequently and try and still up the sand a little bit. The carbon should help in removing some heavy metals.

yikes! I totally don't wanna do that! And ok I'll run some carbon, I hope it helps

Back