dustins first tank. 120 gallon(lots of pics)

well i found the remains of my blue spot jawfish who decided that impregnating a surface to air missile last night while i was asleep would be a good idea
I don't think I want to know how 1 goes about getting a missle pregnant. ;) Are the babies just 50 caliber rounds?

Hahahahahaha... I had to think about that one for a bit... I really couldn't figure out what you were trying to say. Kinda like Yote's "copperband butterflies like to eat cops" statement :)

I just spent a good deal of time reading about your tank. This is really a nice setup and your animals look very healthy. I have the exact same 120 tank, and hope at some point in the future it looks 1/2 as nice as yours.

not really anything new going on over here, just waiting for my new lights to come in. but over the weekend i had about 150 baby snails "hatch"

they are kind of annoying, i cant clean the glass because they dont have a hard shell, so if i went to wipe the glass theyd all get crushed and die and probably smear all over the glass

isn't it just such a pain when your water conditions are so good that things reproduce in your tank!!!!! ;) LOL

isn't it just such a pain when your water conditions are so good that things reproduce in your tank!!!!! ;) LOL
my water could be way better ( nitrates 25+, phosphate 3+), ive never had a problem with the snails laying eggs, i just dont have anything eating the eggs anymore

they are kind of annoying, i cant clean the glass because they dont have a hard shell, so if i went to wipe the glass theyd all get crushed and die and probably smear all over the glass
You sure they aren't flatworms? Never heard of a snail without a shell. If it doesn't have a shell, it's not a snail.
In the morning my glass has lots of tiny snails on it and they all have shells. If I clean the glass, they just go flying off into the sand.

its not that they dont have shells, its that since they just hatched they arent hard yet and since they are still so small the mag float doesnt knock them off the glass, it instead crushes them

How about some updated pics? How's the Chevron doing? You never posted pics of the big $$$ genicanthus trio you got. Let's not hold back. :) We need new pics with the new camera...no excuses!

Nice set-up!
I too, agree you need more LR. The more the better for water quality. Gives you more places to place those beautiful corals too!

Back