EagleEyes' Fitty Build

Ok ill do that tomorrow. If only it were online on the page! I used to have their magazine but i cant find the copy i just got. It usually has that stuff in there.

Hey everyone, Here's the stand:
Outside: 49 3/8 in X 13 1/8 in X 28 1/4 in H
Still couldnt find out how much space is on the inside, but if its 28 1/4 inches tall and 13 1/8 inches wide, it must have 12 inches to accomodate my sump. Right? Also, it has two doors. Which if they are not already magnetic, i might mod to become magnetic. Ill be stealing mod ideas but theres no union for that.

AND ITS ON SALE!

So Rigo's advice that the substrate size should be .05-6.0 was off. (right?) Im thinking of getting an indo pacific black/white blend of substrate at .2-2mm. They have a 20 pound packed bag and im gonna get three of those. So the sand bed should be a little over two inches. Do those sand living gobies (the ones that dig) require a deep sand bed? I like those and i dont think that 2-3 inches will do the trick. Unless they dig at a more horizontal angle..
The reason is I can add about 25 bucks worth of stuff to the order without paying more for shipping.. and you can take you time in answering. The two docs have a red tag sale until 11/16/07. Thats like 30 bucks off the stand.

Ok, I bought the tank stand i told everyone about, it'll be here in a week. Also, im going to write off curing some live rock as a an independent study at my lab. Sarah you should come in and see. Ill have it in a shallow raceway i think. Lemme know when your gonna be in!

The Indo-pacific sand will be fine.I believe its a sugar size substrate which is what I prefer.Two inches is enough for the small sand shifting gobies like the Diamond watchman.They don't dig straight down but more just under a rock.Not sure if its enough for larger ones like the Yellow Headed Sleeper.Personally,I'm not a fan of DSB so 2-3'' bed would be my choice.

How on earth did you manage to get ERL to go along with that? Letting you cure live rock using their facilities? Holy crap, I have to jump through hoops and machete through red tape just to be able to order some zip lock bags and garden clippers!

Don't know when I'll be back out there... It's been awhile. I don't even know if my trees are still alive!

So both I and the guy I work with, his name is Steve nelson, are interested in aquaculture. Im sure that Ed Glenn doesnt, but nevertheless, it would be a preliminary research project for the idea we had for aquaculturing fish and rock and coral. We want to know how easy it would be to start up an aquaculture business. Ive yet to talk to Ed about it. The tank stand will be here on or by next sunday. I also got some PurpleUp and some powder supplement with trace elements to see how effective they are. Ill post pics and progress report.

Thanks Reef, my thoughts are with you and your fish, corals, and tank. Good luck.

It all came today! I paid for the standard within 7 business days and it came in 4. Theu purple up has ingredients that sink to the bottom? Shoot ok thanks. I will see what i can do for pictures this weekend. Im gonna try to get it built and the tank on the stand. Plus I havent seen the head of my lab in like a week so im making baby steps to getting the liverock into my lab to cure. I dont want it in my room when its curing. a ten gallon bucket full is bad enough.

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

Hey everyone. This was really pretty easy to assemble. Ill give anyone the item ID or whatever if youd like to buy one. Also the purple up didnt come with the stand so i think it will be here tomorrow or the next day. I just have to drill the tank and stuff. Im gonna spray paint the back and the trim black. Should be able to do that next weekend. Then the lights and stuff. I had a fright today in the form of the thought of moving from this house. So the time frame for having an aquarium up and running may change at any time. In the mean time, next comes plumbing.

Carpet came with the house... Its actually a darker more rich color than the flash gives it credit for. Stand wont fit my SUMP TANK!! Im going to do two ten gallon tanks and see if i cant put one pump in each. And a separate overflow for each. If the overflows are at same height and the tank is level, they should flow evenly into the two tanks. Ill still be able to have a quiet overflow too.

Has anyone ever heard of that? and do you think it will work?

Dude,That is some bright colored carpet.
The stand looks good.

You ARE planning on a seperate return pump in each sump,Right?
I dont see a problem with it,if thats the case.

Congrats on the stand.It looks nice.

Two separate tanks,two separate pumps,two separate overflows?I see flooding issues written all over it.

You will need to to connect the two tanks,drilling the sides and connecting the two.Using one pump for the return

or.......

Have one tank feed into the second tank and drain back to the first tank.

I didnt see any problem with the two tanks idea because there would be two overflows, one to each tank, and two pumps one in each tank. HOWEVER if I do connect them I could have the two drains go into on aquarium and the difference in water level could be contained in the case of a pump malfunction. ReefFreak, are you thinking that if one of the pumps goes out and the tanks arent connected, that the water will overflow in the tank with the broke pump? Because I think that would be the case. I might go for a custom sump or just ONE ten gallon tank. The space is only about 11 inches from front to back.

COME OVER AND SEE MY TANK, COME OVER AND SEE MY TANK!! So much new stuff in it! And check out Biffy Finally Gets a Build Thread for all the latest earth shaking updates!!

Oh, the next frag swap is on November 18 at TCB at the Foothills. I can't go because I'll be in Vegas for a wedding. Do you think you might go anyways?

There's nothing to see over on Biff's thread except a dead sailfin.

You can try it the way you think it will work.Maybe see if you can fit a 15g. instead.Yeah what if one pump goes out on the two separate sumps.One continues to fill because the other pump keep pumping water back to the DT.You're better off with one sump or connecting the two sumps together.

Back