Eric's 65-Gallon Project!

Well guys its been a long time since I have given any updates on the tank. I've been really busy and I haven't had time to take any pictures or anything thats why I haven posted anything in such a long time. I just got back from Vacation yesterday and today I took some pictures of the tank and its inhabitants! The tank has been doing great since I set it up almost a year ago! Just recently I stated to notice some growth of algae on the rocks but other than that everything is fine! ( Anybody know how I can decrease of the algae on the rocks ) I have been doing water changes but it doesn't seem the be doing much! I check the water parameters and everything seems to be normal!

I currently have 4 clown fish, 2 Yellow Tangs and One Chromis! I know that 4 clowns and 2 Tangs is way to much for a 65g tank but the Clowns get along and I haven't seen them fight once, as for the tangs the seem really happy and there are not signs of stress on them!

I also have 3 RBTA.... I had two but one split so now there's 3 :) I had some GBTA but I took them out and gave them to a friend. So right now I just have RBTA's. I also have some corals in there!!!

Let me know what you guys think about the tank...

P.S. The pictures aren't that great like Denni's pics but their ok :mrgreen: Also I have notice that my RBTA's have lost some color and some corals too, like the acans. I think thats what they are called. why do they lose color?

1020.jpg

1019.jpg

1018.jpg

1017.jpg

1016.jpg

1015.jpg

1014.jpg

1013-1.jpg

1012-1.jpg

1011-1.jpg

1010-1.jpg

109-1.jpg

Wow! 4 clowns, 2 tangs, and a ton of anemone's your tank is like a potential battlefield! But as long as your aware of it and things are going good so far I won't nag you anymore about it. :p Looking beautiful. Maybe get a few turbo snails to get that rock cleaned up? I would guess what Biff said about the color loss but w/ MH and Pc's you should be good to go (depending on the wattage). Maybe bulbs need changing?

Wow! 4 clowns, 2 tangs, and a ton of anemone's your tank is like a potential battlefield! But as long as your aware of it and things are going good so far I won't nag you anymore about it. :p Looking beautiful. Maybe get a few turbo snails to get that rock cleaned up? I would guess what Biff said about the color loss but w/ MH and Pc's you should be good to go (depending on the wattage). Maybe bulbs need changing?

lol thanks for the concern but everything has been other control so far, no fighting what so ever!!!! (Crossed Fingers) :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

The bulbs are around 7 months old... I have two PC actanic bulbs of 96w each and 2-250w MH bulbs of 12k. I think I have more than enough wattage for a 65g.... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well there you go! Probably so much light they need time to get acclimated to it. Definitely not a bad thing IMO. :mrgreen:

Yeah it can go in the other direction as well. It's not nearly as common to have too much light though! You can try moving stuff down to the bottom of the tank, or slightly shading them.

Thanks you guys nd gals lol Im the process of looking for a bigger tank to upgrade but its kinda hard to find a cheap tank these days... The economy is not so good to go pay 800 dollars for a bigger tank

Hey guys I have notice that this green air bubble has been getting bigger and bigger but I have no idea what it is. I've seen some tanks in some of the LFS around here but I don't know if thats a good or bad thing. Im uploading two pics of the green bubble. In the first pic it has a red circle around it so you guys can see where its at.

Attachments

• Frag.1.jpg
    Frag.1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Frag.2.jpg
    Frag.2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 200
Back