Eric's 90g AGA Build

Figured I'd take some pictures of whats underneath the stand since I haven't taken any yet. Not the best as I can't seem to adjust all the setting on my camera so Im just using my iPhone.

Left side (Refugium) - For the refugium I just used the sump that came with the tank and I replaced the bio balls with live rock rubble and then in the middle section I just put some large pieces of live rock. Im not planning on using a sand bed, at least for now.

Right side (Skimmer/Return Section)

Closed up of the refugium.

Looks like the cycle has started the ammonia is really high though or is it normal to be like that.

null-10.jpg

really nicely planned out refugium setup. looking forwards to seeing tank in action.

Thank you.... Hopefully the cycle will be done in the next few weeks.

The ammonia has gone down a lot since the 11th when I posted the other picture. I've also notice some algae growth in the refugium on the rocks. I run the refugium light about 6 hours a day and my DT tank off all day so all the algae is growing in the refigium.

and here are the test results from today.

I got a question. I notice this morning that my water was really cloudy and it has been like that throughout the day. Yesterday my ammonia was around 8ppm and I just tested the water now and it's at 0 but there was an increased in my nitrite and a major spike in nitrates. Could that be the reason why the water is so cloudy?

null-17.jpg

null-16.jpg

null-15.jpg

Yup its the bacteria bloom, Good sign, Your almost there. Ones those Nitrites hit zero and you only have nitrates left, give it a day and then do a water change. 20 %. The you should be able to add your first fish.

Yea I was almost 100% sure it was a bacteria bloom. I did some test this morning and my ammonia is still at 0 and my nitrites are coming down. Only a few more days till the cycle is complete. I hope :-)

Small update: Cycle is COMPLETE!!!! :-) :-) :-)

I also added 4 fans to my canopy 2 on each side and I added 2 green chromis just to make sure everything is good before I buy an expensive fish or coral.

Back