Eric's 90g AGA Build

The whole build* is done. Took forever :mrgreen:. So, what's next on the stocking list, and whats gonna be your first choice of corals?

Hmmm so many choices its hard to pick lol. I bought a green pocillopora from a club member and he has been holding it in his tank till I was finished with the cycle so that would be my first coral lol.

I primarily like SPS but I will also keep some LPS and softies

Here is a pic of the green pocillopora. Not the best picture but it'll do for now till I bring it home.

As of now not much that's why I'm not planning on bringing the Pollicopora just yet. I'm waiting for the Jebo WP25 to be release and I'll be adding two of those. The specs have not been released but it should be coming out in the next few weeks but it is half of the Jebo WP40 it'll be enough. The WP40 is rate for about 3400 GPH

Well its like 28 since the total water volume is 120g counting the DT, sump and refugium Lol but I'm waiting for the WP25 to come out because two WP40 would be way too much and I want to have two facing each other not just one blowing at one direction.

Last edited:
Aim for 6500 gph over 3 different sources (not including return pump), that will be pleeeeeenty for sps. Im a huge believer in high flow. To give you an idea, I'm running 2x mp40s on my 75g right now altho they arent turned full blast; they do produce a lot of flow but having them aimed at each other from across the tank seems to create some dead spots in the back so a 3rd powerhead would be awesome. I had 4x koralias on it before aimed all over the place.

edit: also begin monitoring your calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium levels in the tank if you plan to house sps corals. levels should be kept in check and test regularly. Calc: 400-460 Alk 7-11dkh and magnesium 1300-1380. Two part is the easiest method to maintain these but I prefer a calcium reactor for the set it and forget it ease as long as its dialed in. Others may use kalk and or both kalk and calcium reactors

Last edited:
Aim for 6500 gph over 3 different sources (not including return pump), that will be pleeeeeenty for sps. Im a huge believer in high flow. To give you an idea, I'm running 2x mp40s on my 75g right now altho they arent turned full blast; they do produce a lot of flow but having them aimed at each other from across the tank seems to create some dead spots in the back so a 3rd powerhead would be awesome. I had 4x koralias on it before aimed all over the place.

edit: also begin monitoring your calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium levels in the tank if you plan to house sps corals. levels should be kept in check and test regularly. Calc: 400-460 Alk 7-11dkh and magnesium 1300-1380. Two part is the easiest method to maintain these but I prefer a calcium reactor for the set it and forget it ease as long as its dialed in. Others may use kalk and or both kalk and calcium reactors

Thats for the suggestions. On my previous tank I used the two part and it work great so I might go for that again with dosing pumps but if it gets to a point where I cant keep up I might go for a Calcium reactor.

I brought home yesterday the Pocillopora frag I got from a local club member. So far is doing great. Pictures don't do it justice. Need to adjust the settings on my Nikon D300 so that I can get some better shots.

Haven't really added much to the tank. I'm deadling with a diatom breakout but its almost gone so I'll start adding more stuff soon. I didn't add a small frogspawn and a pair of clownfish

Just got done bidding on these frags on eBay. Once they get here I'll post pictures and a small review incase anyone wants to order from them in the future.

Purple Bonsai Acropora
null-31.png

Forest Fire Digitata Montipora
null-30.png

Ultra Vermiculata Acropora
null-29.png

Pink Raven Millepora Acropora
null-28.png

Blue Tip Australian Acropora
null-27.png

Biohazard Montipora Confusa
null-26.png

Pink Juice Millepora
null-32.png

Indigo Millepora
null-25.png

Yellow Suharsonoi Acropora
null-22.png

Aquamarine Tenuis Acropora
null-21.png

I have done a lot of business with reef pets, great corals and are definitely WYSISWG. Some of his frags can get rather expensive especially with the amount of bids they receive. You will be thrilled when they arrive ;)

Also, If you saw a bunch of things you wanted but lost the bid, you can contact him with the ebay item numbers and see if he has more frags of that colony. If he does, he can invoice you a frag pack. I think I bid on 20 something frags the last time I ordered but only won 8. I sent him a message stating that I wanted to give him more of my money which I doubt he minded haha... He priced the frags out that I was interested in and added them to my shipment.

Last edited:
I have done a lot of business with reef pets, great corals and are definitely WYSISWG. Some of his frags can get rather expensive especially with the amount of bids they receive. You will be thrilled when they arrive ;)

Also, If you saw a bunch of things you wanted but lost the bid, you can contact him with the ebay item numbers and see if he has more frags of that colony. If he does, he can invoice you a frag pack. I think I bid on 20 something frags the last time I ordered but only won 8. I sent him a message stating that I wanted to give him more of my money which I doubt he minded haha... He priced the frags out that I was interested in and added them to my shipment.

Glad to know someone has order from them before. All their feedback was pretty good so I didn't hesitate. Also thanks for telling me that cuz there was one or two frags that I didn't win that I would of loved to get so I'm going to message him to see if he has any extra. It's my first time bidding on corals on eBay but I gotta say it was pretty fun lol :)

Overall I think I got a pretty good deal on those 10 frags. They came out at $220 with shipping....

That sounds about right, I paid I think close to 350 but that was for 20+ frags. I have ordered many frags from ebay and the only vendors I will do business with again would be reef pets and austin farms. Avoid anything else. Coralsoftheworld has some nice acro colonies but the ones I won in bidding ended up having RTN so the vendor contacted me and let me pick through the rest of their stock but nothing looked the same. Also avoid anything from Frederick Maryland. That would be Mr coral, he had bad reviews on his website so he tried the ebay store out and unfortunately I found out the hard way after buying from him; long story short. Everything died. He ran a chop shop and the corals he shipped were all pretty much stressed... same outcome with his ebay store and website. Corals came in, within days showed signs of RTN and it spread throughout my tank like the plague killing healthy colonies that came from other vendors.

Yea everything I've heard from Reef Pets is pretty good. A friend order some from him a few weeks ago and they came with Red Bugs but nothing a dip can't take care of.

I ended up adding this one to the list so I'll be receiving 10 frags on tuesdays.... I'll post some pictures once they settle in.

Blue Dragon Carduus Acropora

Back