Erin's 150

Here's some more pics...

SDC12635.jpg

SDC12638-1.jpg

SDC12639.jpg

SDC12645.jpg

SDC12643.jpg

SDC12641.jpg

I know, right? I got a new frogspawn on Friday and she swam over like "anemone??" and was totally bummed when it wasn't. So we got one on Sunday. It took her about three minutes to burrow in there.

So it's been awhile since I updated on here. Most of the stuff in these pictures died/were damaged during my Nori incident...

BUT... we ordered a new skimmer that will be here on Thursday!
Reef Octopus Recirculating Protein Skimmer
I'm so excited to get rid of the old one. But it must've heard me talking crap about it, because in the last week or so its pulled of more skimmate than it ever has. I don't even remember what kind it is anymore. It's so old...

Anyway.
Here is my sump that will replaced by my shiny-new birthday fuge!
SDC12599.jpg

SDC12600.jpg

SDC12601.jpg

So it's been awhile since I updated on here. Most of the stuff in these pictures died/were damaged during my Nori incident...

BUT... we ordered a new skimmer that will be here on Thursday!
Reef Octopus Recirculating Protein Skimmer
I'm so excited to get rid of the old one. But it must've heard me talking crap about it, because in the last week or so its pulled of more skimmate than it ever has. I don't even remember what kind it is anymore. It's so old...

Anyway.
Here is my sump that will replaced by my shiny-new birthday fuge!
SDC12599.jpg

SDC12600.jpg

SDC12601.jpg

I can't believe how crappy our stand is. I'm pretty sure it would've collapsed long ago without the support my husband put in...
SDC12777.jpg

And here's the new 'fuge! (Before and after silicone)
SDC12775.jpg

SDC12778.jpg

I'm so excited!

And I know I take a lot of pictures of this little guy... but I love him!! (He's also the easiest to take pictures of... by far the bravest fish in the tank)
SDC12779.jpg

Yeah... the brick... I am way too excited for something I'm never going to see. We're going to set it up this weekend. My husband was like "why are you taking pictures of an empty tank?"
I told him it was for everyone here... he said "yeah... like they want to see that stuff"
He didn't believe me.

After spending the majority of the day yesterday involved with the fuge... Here it is!

Left side
SDC12786.jpg

Right side
SDC12785.jpg

Here's the new skimmer (which won't fit under the stand... oh well...).
It's not hooked up yet. We're doing that today.
SDC12787.jpg

We got new bulbs, too. They're a little blue but I really like the way it looks.
SDC12784.jpg

Jerk fish givin' me the "feed me" eyeball. (It's still cloudy from the fuge sand)
SDC12790.jpg

And here's Kobayashi
SDC12789.jpg

We got our skimmer hooked up a day and a half ago! My husband built a little cabinet to keep it in so the kids don't mess with it. I built a little plexiglass tank to keep underneath it so if (when?) we ever have problems with it overflowing it won't go all over the floor...

SDC12796.jpg

SDC12797.jpg

This is after about 36 hours...

SDC12798.jpg

My chaeto is growing nicely in the fuge

SDC12799.jpg

We have an awesome amount of pods now! This is the glass in the fuge... they're all over the rocks, the sand, and the display. We had pods before, but holy crap...

SDC12800.jpg

Here's Jacques... the only thing in the tank named after a character in Finding Nemo...
Apparently what the LFS guy told me is true... so long as the shrimp have white antenna the trigger won't bother them. All he ever does is ask to be cleaned.

SDC12795.jpg

And apparently we still have a peppermint somewhere (I'll admit, I didn't really care much after the aiptasia was gone, so I stopped hunting for them at night). He molted last night.

SDC12801.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I am. I am all over that.
When we first put the peppermints in, he just sat in front of where they were hiding like "someone's going to mess up"... and sure enough. Ten minutes after I put them in the tank I saw him swimming with one in his mouth. I totally ran up and yelled at him ("NO! Bad fish!!"). He dropped it. Haha. Too bad it was only the head...

Back