Farewell Jack. (my vlamingi)

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
Well tonight I wrangled up Jack and took him to the LFS to go into a larger 600 gallon tank on monday. It sucks bigtime. He was by far the most amazing fish I have ever owned. He just got too big. He started getting really skinny and wasnt really too interested in eating intermittently. I figured it was time to really drop the hammer before things got bad and he couldnt even handle a move. It was truly a really sad day for my now really empty looking 180. I had him for almost 3 years and I know a few of you became really good e-buddies with him. naso tangs of all kinds are truly the most personable fish out there. They will win you over. I know im not the only one who will miss him. Today was truly an extremely bitter sweet day. The plus side is he will be in a dentist office and I can go say hello whenever!

Jack1609.jpg

Jackbreachingwater.jpg

2010-01-22184549.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no!!! Goodbye Jack! You did the right thing, Alexander. You know he had to move to a bigger home.

I had to do the exact same thing to Jill (my old vlamingi) when she outgrew my 240. She started acting the same way that Jack did -- she stopped eating. Eventually, she developed some sores on her side. That's when I knew it was time for her to go.

Jack will always remember you, and will be grateful that you took such good care of him for such a big chunk of his life. He knows that you are looking out for him, and he understands why he had to leave.

You know, because you and Jack have this special connection to each other :)

:cry:

Thanks guys. I have actually considered changing dentists just for that! but I dont know. I really like my dentist and its tough to change who messes with your mouth when your extremely happy with it. but i may give them a try afterall. we shall see. If nothing else Ill just cruise over there whenever i feel like it!

Sorry bud. I know how cool Jack is, and I know you will miss him. I'll miss seeing him too, Hopefully you will get some shots every now and then when you visit.

in honor of Jack and his rehoming, Vlamingi Vlamingi Vlamingi! You did the right thing bro he'll appreciate the new digs so much!

haha I still remember that gutbuster i stole from you on the bus in vegas. all because you didnt speak up i belted it out and everyone loved it!

Do you remember what it was exactly? I don't. All I remember is that I came up with this killer joke that I told you. Then when we were in a group of people, you took credit for it and told it to all of them WORD FOR FREAKING WORD, and all of a sudden you were the funniest guy in the world! Damn I hated you for that. Stealing my thunder.

Sad, but awesome of you to realize when it was time to send him somewhere you know he'll be happier :) And like you said...you get to visit him!!

He was a beautiful fish. I do want to commend you for doing the right thing. Alot of folks would not have done the same. Thanks for thinking about him.

Back