Fastlight's 75gallon first saltwater tank

Mine like to push their way under rocks.I'm always having to put rocks back where they belong.Pisses me off because acros dont like to be coated with sand.

im not to worried ive heard they are bulldozers. I just wanted something to clean up the rocks. If they become a nuisance i can always donate them back to the lfs after they have done their duty. Its just cool to see life in that tank!

small update ive been searching around for some sand and had a couple bookmarked. Well my wife decided to surprise me today and order 80 pounds of the ultra fine oolite carib sea live sand! Here i thought she never pays attention and she goes off and does this! I should be getting that in some time this week. Oh and the emerald cleans some serious algae man that thing is a work horse

small update ive been searching around for some sand and had a couple bookmarked. Well my wife decided to surprise me today and order 80 pounds of the ultra fine oolite carib sea live sand! Here i thought she never pays attention and she goes off and does this! I should be getting that in some time this week. Oh and the emerald cleans some serious algae man that thing is a work horse

So sweet. Remember you owe her one.

Can I borrow your wife untill I get my new tank set up?:mrgreen:
Ha ha how about we wait till my tank gets done! Well I got my sand Fri. We put it in fri early evening and by this morning it had gotten pretty clear.:Cheers: But i just move some rock around and its cloudy again although shouldnt take near as long to clear up again. Im running my cannister again just to help take some of the free floating particles out. I only have half my rock and im gonna check my parameters and if everything is all well My wife me and the kids want to go get a nemo and I want a skunk cleaner fish!.:bounce: I have realized something. aquascaping suck!!!!:frustrat: Especially everytime you move that oolite sand it makes a dust storm. When I get the rest of my rock ill do a better job but i just kinda of threw it it there. I first had a big pile in one corner with a cool rock of on the other side...the wife didnt like that so now i did it with like a cave. I hate aquascaping. Well pictures when the tank clears!!!

Well my wife likes the new rock formation. I don't but she is happy. so its staying. Plus i have more rock to get so its not that crucial now. The water has cleared up very well since the last rock change and we went to the lfs!! We wanted to clowns but they didnt have 2. So we ended up with a clown, royal garama, and a skunk shrimp. The clown is for the kids. I have wanted a skunk shrimp since I first started into saltwater and the wife wanted the royal garama. Pic will come later im still aclamating them. I really wanted a mandarin too...but decided to wait. Oh and the owner of the lfs game me half off of my fish! Tell me what yall think

Well here is the rock formation. I didnt like it at first but its starting to grow on me and I know its not permanat.
IMG_1715a.JPG

Here is a picture of our clown.
IMG_1707a.JPG

My wife Royal Gramma. A pain to get a picture of. He has made a home behind our rocks at the back so only comes out everyonce in a while. And thats where our Skunk Cleaner Shrimp is usually to so I couldnt get a picture of him.
IMG_1732a.JPG

I still have a million things more to get before i get my first coral but myself and my family is so excited to have an aquarium with fish(even if it is only the clown we see....cause the other ones hide:grumble:)

I think I'm going to agree with your wife.I like the way you got the rocks set up.Looks good and natural at the same time.Even the clown and gramma looks happy in there.

If you'll turn those 90s on your drains up,They'll help keep that skim off the surface of your water.

yeah..i have to play with the drains a little bit. I dont want them up completly they make to much noise. I was gonna slant them at like a 45 and see if that helps. That and I still need some more flow I havent gotten my korelias yet

Okay I dont have pictures today because I just introduced 2 red firefish(they were in the same small display so we only imagine they wont fight that and they are in the same rock sleeping now)
And as some of you know i rigged up 8 t8lamps under my canopy(temporary till i get my t5/mh fixture) and man does it look good. Which gives me 3 watts per gallon so I got 2 mushroom heads today also! One is purple and the other is green. I have them on the sand bed and neither have opened back up yet and its been an hr so i turned the lights off for the night. How long should i give them to open up?
pics tommorow

Back