Favorite fish for a 55g (reef safe)

Paste

I'm on a boat!
So, I have a 55g tank I setup in my daughters room and has cycled and has a couple gsp frags in it (snipped outa my 65, figured I would let her take some off my hands)

She has a lid on hers.. so I can get some of the jumpers I have been afraid to put in mine (gobies and the like)

Any interesting swimmers, or... I dunno, I want to give her options we are going to our LFS first Friday sale tomorrow (they do 20% livestock 1st Friday every month with free food and beer)

Has to be reef friendly because she REALLY wants a couple feather dusters.

get 4 or 5 chromis

yeah, not only would it fill the tank... they don't play well with others... even well with other chromis. I had 2 in my 65, the big one picked on everything, clowns, butterfly fish and the other chromis...

needless to say, he went to a better home (local reef club member took him and put him in his aggressive tank)

Clowns are always a good choice for kids too. 6 Line, Midas Blenny, pair o' clowns, goby, and your stock list is complete!

do Midas blennys behave just like lawnmowers?
Love my Lawnmower as does my daughter, so a bright one would be pretty cool (though the game of find the Blenny would get lots easier)

do Midas blennys behave just like lawnmowers?
Love my Lawnmower as does my daughter, so a bright one would be pretty cool (though the game of find the Blenny would get lots easier)

Midas blennies need a meaty diet, while lawnmowers are herbivores. Also, I think the lawnmowers tend to perch on rocks more while the midas blennies are out more swimming in the water column and also perch in holes.

I'd also vote for a clown pair, midas blenny, maybe a goby/shrimp combo, and maybe a sixline. If you go with the sixline, add it last (unless you are thinking a maroon clown pair). Most dwarf angels would also be fine in a 50g, but are 50/50 on their preference for eating coral!

What about the longnose hawkfish?
I hear they can be little buggers (with big mouths) will they eat larger shrimp like skunks?

Back