FINALLY!!! (equipment/stock list)

spongeycrab

Reefing newb
FINALLY!!! I'm setting up a tank very, very soon. It's going to be a... 90 gal.!!! Now you guys may remember when I said I was getting a 55 gal. I had it right in my house got it for free too... But since Bigger is better (and I was suggested to get a bit of a bigger tank) I'm going with a 90 gal. reef.

Here's what I'd like to have:

Flame Dwarf Angel

3 Barnacle Blennies

Black Cap Basslet

3 Blue Reef Chromis (Chromis cyaneus)

Pair of Ocellaris Clownfish

Red-Lined Wrasse (Halichoeres biocellatus)
(if you don't what the wrasse is...):
Bold, beautiful, and brimming with personality, the elegantly-striped Red-Lined Wrasse makes the perfect addition to your showcase reef aquarium. Also known in the hobby as the False-eyed or Biocellate Wrasse, juvenile Halichoeres biocellatus and sub adults are easily identifiable by a pair of ocelli on the dorsal fin which disappear with growth.

Pinkbar Goby

Blue Star Leopard Wrasse (I know, I know... see bottom)

Lemonpeel/Chocolate Mimic Tang

B.S.L.W. explanation:
I know, I know super hard to care for blah, Blah, BLAH. Well I my friends I have a plan... After my tank has cycled I will stock my fuge. with pods (which will have miracle mud, live sand, macro algae and L.R.) then when I buy my B.S.L.W. I will try to get one that already is eating frozen. If she won't eat when I take her home I will keep her in the Q.T. for an elongated time till I can fully ween her onto frozen.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan! Although I read barnacle blennies like to hide, and since they are so small you might not see them much in 90 gallon tank (just saying). And maybe you can use that 55 gallon tank as a sump?

Sounds like a plan! Although I read barnacle blennies like to hide, and since they are so small you might not see them much in 90 gallon tank (just saying). And maybe you can use that 55 gallon tank as a sump?

Yeah that would of been a smart idea but sold it already without thinking about it... :lol: Also I might take off the BB because of what you said what do you think I should replace that spot with???

Well, wrasse aside, that's overstocked already with 14 fish. Trim it back to 10 fish, and you should be fine. Remember to go slow.

I might do a tank just a tiny bit bigger guys. What size do you recommend? I was thinking 110 or 120. And please stop trying to choke me through the screen.

Last edited:
Back