Finally! My 75 Gallon Full Blown Reef!

So... I did a water change yesterday, and last night, most of the acans weren't really extending their tentacles. And the branching monti has had some polyps closed since the water change... Should I be concerned?

Thats weird, usually corals bounce back after a water change quite quick...

Are you making sure you match your salinity well? And making sure the water is WELL mixed before adding it? And are you adding it to your sump instead of straight into the display? Some people even match temp with a heater but I don't think thats neccesary, I don't, but I only do 5g at a time =P

Thats weird, usually corals bounce back after a water change quite quick...

Are you making sure you match your salinity well? And making sure the water is WELL mixed before adding it? And are you adding it to your sump instead of straight into the display? Some people even match temp with a heater but I don't think thats neccesary, I don't, but I only do 5g at a time =P

Both of them were salinity 1.0245 or so. Temp was 78.2-3. I did put it directly in to the display... I might try and find a way to do it directly to the sump...

yeah, putting into the sump would be better if you can do it. Sometimes all the salt doesn't get mixed real well and can burn the corals when they get dumped on.

putting it in the sump is safer any undissolved particles stay there and have a chance to dissolve without hurting anything.

Its always that last little bit in your bucket (last couple inches) that has the most cencentration of it. Sometimes I will just splash a bit more RO water in there and swish it around to make sure.

+1...i think they'll be ok by the next day. Probably just a lil irritated...i also place my wc water directly into the tank because I have no sump, so I don't think that's the real issue.

I probably didn't mix the water long enough... But is it really necessary to mix it for 24 hours??

And since all my levels are fine, and I probably don't need these large of water changes, I'm probably going to start doing 5 gallons a weeks or so.

Some neat shrimp pics:

012.jpg

009.jpg

Back