Finally! My 75 Gallon Full Blown Reef!

Looks great. Does the rubberband work to hold down the Ric?

I have Zoa's that look similar to those wysiwig ones called "Whammin' Watermelon"

6673825119_08a753f3d8.jpg

And a question...

I've been trying to find places for my corals and put the zoas in a place I like, but one of the powerheads is pretty much blasting directly at it. The thing is, I have the two powerheads on a wavemaker and the other powerhead isn't really hitting that spot at all. So is it okay if the flow is kinda overly high if the corals are getting a beaks?

Am I ready for sps?? :mrgreen: I have 198 watts in 3 watt cree LEDs and have two 1600 GPH powerheads on a wavemaker + the return for flow.

Readings:

Nitrates: 1ppmish

Phosphates 0.1-0.2 ppm (only thing I'm a little concerned about)

DKH: 11

P.H.: 8.3

Calcium: 440 ppm

Magnesium: High...

The softies and zoas and LPS corals I got all seem to be opening well and they seem to be getting some color back. Especially the WYSIWYG zoas.

And of course research..... RESEARCH!!! I've been doing research pretty much non-stop for the last year.

And am I ready for clams maybe? My grandfather wants to get something nice for my tank and clams are awesome. And expensive. :twisted:

What I did to get my ric to attach was put it in a small dish with a few peices of small rock and it will attach to one of them by itself after a week or two and then just take it out and place it in a low flow area. I tried the rubberband, string tied around it and it just slimed up and slipped out every time.

And a question...

I've been trying to find places for my corals and put the zoas in a place I like, but one of the powerheads is pretty much blasting directly at it. The thing is, I have the two powerheads on a wavemaker and the other powerhead isn't really hitting that spot at all. So is it okay if the flow is kinda overly high if the corals are getting a beaks?

What about putting a rock in front of the flow to divert it a little bit so that it isn't blasting your coral so hard?

Some new corals I got at a local frag swap:

Branching montipora:

006.jpg

Candy Cane:

007-1.jpg

Montipora cap:

008.jpg

It was $25 altogether. Can't complain about that!

Back