FishNeedIt.com - Aquarium Lighting

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
This place gets and A+ from me. Great service, ships same day as order was placed, good email communication and phone service.

I ordered (2) 48" 4x54W T5 fixtures last week. They were packaged very well and secure. One bulb on one of the fixtures did not light up on the test run right after I opened the package. I called the company and left a message. Within 3-5 minutes the owner, Jason Lin, called me right back. He immediatly offered to send me a new fixture and a return shipping label for the defective product or full credit if I don't want a new fixture. He said they're under a full warranty for 6 months. I asked him if it might be a simple fix like a loose wire or something. He said that it's common during shipping for a wire to come loose in the ballast and that if I felt comfortable I can take a look. That's exactly what the problem was and a very easy fix that took less than 2 minutes. Light works properly now and I'm very happy with the quality of their product, price and customer service.

fish need it;lights; food;Sponge

I recently bought a 150W Metal Hallide light from them and it got here as scheduled, and the light works perfectly! So im a happy customer! :)

Yeah it would probably be fine for softies. But what you don't want to do is spend money for something now, and have to spend money again later on to upgrade it. It's better just to save your money until you can afford the right thing the first time around. So many of us have gone cheap on stuff like lights and skimmers, and when you have to constantly replace them, you end up spending more money than if you had just bought the right equipment from the start.

well I was planning on getting 2 of the 4x54w 48" fixtures for my 75 by the time I set it up, but if i can only afford one to start and the second a couple weeks later I was going to do that

lol i keep hitting the thank button when i mean to click quote, but anyways +1 do it right the first time :) even it takes a little longer
Yeah it would probably be fine for softies. But what you don't want to do is spend money for something now, and have to spend money again later on to upgrade it. It's better just to save your money until you can afford the right thing the first time around. So many of us have gone cheap on stuff like lights and skimmers, and when you have to constantly replace them, you end up spending more money than if you had just bought the right equipment from the start.

well do you guys think 2 of those seperate would work out, because that is still way cheaper than getting at 8 bulb fixture :)

I am making a 75 gallon build thread right now in the showcase forum, will you take a look at it in about 10 mins after i post it so you can help me out with equipment?

Allright so i have a 250w mh and 2x 2ft t5s from this website and they have worked great sofar for corals in my reef tank. well last 2 days i have been having troble with keeping my 250w mh on it keeps dieing out on me long story short i emailed simon with my order number and spoke to him on the phone and he said ship it out to him and he would send me a new one for free next day. im vary happy with my lights from here and costomer service.

I have a 250w halide from them, and so far it is great. The only thing is the bulbs that come with them I noticed weren't very good...but with brand new XM's, I'd give fishneedit an A+

Just to add on to all the positive comments.
After getting two of my friends into the hobby...and having them commit $$$$...I suggested the FNI.com 30'' T5 fixtures for both of them and they're both very happy with them. After personally keeping up with their tanks in person as well as the fixtures...they're friggin awesome lol.

Back