Food Variations

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
Just curious as to what you guys are feeding your fish and corals, type, brand, etc. And how much do you mix the variety up?

I'm currently feeding Mysis shrimp, emerald cubes, algae sheets, and I have a homemade (from my LFS) concoction of brine and veggies that I throw in now and again.

What do you guys feed and how uch variety do you have in your feeding regimen?

Variety is key.I feed about 12 different foods in rotation.I use ocean nutrition and all types of hikari,plus fresh veggies

I should note that I supplement the foods with vitamin c, garlic and also some omega stuff once in a while. I think I might have the only hippo tang in captivity with no ich on him! He gets special love and attention each day. I can pet him at night when he sleeps....very cool.

I have about 8 different types of frozen foods in my freezer that I rotate. I feed 3 or 4 different cubes at a time -- I think it's healthy to mix things up. I do only use one type of dried seaweed though. My tang is picky and won't touch anything but the green Julian Sprung's Sea Veggies. I use garlic and a vitamin supplement with every feeding.

I feed hikari Mysis and Spirulina, and New Life spectrum pellets occassionally for my cuc (but the fish eat it, too). I haven't used it in a while, but I'll sometimes get some Cyclopeeze for them.

Reef roids,freeze dried and frozen cyclopeeze,mysis for the corals.

Mysis,Emerald entrees,freeze dried and frozen cyclops,Rod's Food and ON seaweed sheets-brown and green-I rotate them out every few days.

Ocean Plankton Hikari - frozen
Mysis Shrimp Haikari – frozen
PE Mysis-frozen
Blood Worms Haikari - frozen
Krill Haikari - frozen
Brine Shrimp Haikari - frozen
Kent Garlic
I tank all of those I put extra mysis (haikari) in and melt them and mix them up and refreeze as a flat pack and every day break little pieces off. I melt them down with tank water and pure vit c powder, for 5 or so mins. That is my fish’s main diet, I figure its better than eating the same thing everyday.

Emerald Entrée, a treat every onece in a while
Nori on a rock, inverts and blenny love this… but not to often it mucks up the skimmer a lot…

Fresh Samlon eggs, a treat I live across the street from the fisherman’s terminal and get them fresh daily, its like a cheeses burger for the fish from what I have been told.

Whatever is on sale at meat market or grocery store(sea food). Grind it up in food processor, add some vitamins, let it sit then flatten and freeze. I also rotate in frozen foods from LFS every other day. They go crazy for the homemade food more than the frozen.

Back