Food

tritan

Reefing newb
So I am getting my starting line-up set and put together a sheet of what every fish I desire eats. I feel like if I go off of what live aquaria suggests I will be putting (exaggerating) 50 different foods in 5 different times of the day. Am I over complicating it? Just out of curiosity, on average how many different foods do you guys put in and how many times a day?

Since I am a noob maybe someone can help me come up with a feeding regimen for this setup.
What I am planning on for my tank in the end:
One Spot Foxface: Fresh Vegetables and Algae

Diamond Watchman Goby: live and frozen brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, live black worms, and prepared foods for carnivores.

Kauderns Cardinal: meaty foods such as feeder shrimp, marine flesh, bloodworms,

Clownfish (x2): accept most meaty foods and frozen herbivore preparations

Blue/Green Reef Chromis (x5): meaty foods, herbivore flakes, and frozen preparations

Blue Tang: meaty foods along with seaweed and algae.

I keep a variety of things on hand.
My main food is Rod's Food. Lots of variety in it so it feeds the whole tank.
But I alternate it occasionally with some Dianichi pellets (carnivore and herbivore formulas).
And I put some seaweed on a clip for my tangs.

I feed once every other day.

I buy mysis sheets, brine sheets with spirulina, pellets, some flake food, and 6 different kinds of coral food. I also feed live foods, such as copepods and baby brine shrimp. I don't feed it all every day, I just rotate. One day I'll do live foods and a coral smoothie, and another day I'll just throw some pellets in with Coral Zoo. All of those fish would be fine with mysis as a main food, and brine as an occasional treat.

I see the original blend has TONS off different meaty foods in it. So if I go with Rod's Food original blend would that take care of my: Goby, Cardinal, Clownfish, and Chromis? Then I would just need a seaweed clip for my Tang and Foxface?

There is no need to feed all that stuff, just pick a few quality mixed foods and rotate through them. Also dont try and feed live foods, that will run you broke and gets your fish into a bad habit.

Also, I wouldnt keep a blue tang in 110.

i think that might even be worse, those guys are so sensitive that if you just breathe the wrong way they get ich. I wouldnt recommend them for a beginner or for a tank under 6ft long.

Thanks, scratch the tang then.

When you say "pick a few quality mixed foods". What would you suggest for those fish? I don't know anything about brands or which types would be better for what I desire.

I see the original blend has TONS off different meaty foods in it. So if I go with Rod's Food original blend would that take care of my: Goby, Cardinal, Clownfish, and Chromis? Then I would just need a seaweed clip for my Tang and Foxface?

Yup.
And if you want to pick up one or two dried foods like pellets or flakes, that would be good to use sometimes too. The fish like variety.

Back