Found a beautiful Red thing in my tank...Any thoughts on what it is?

Ctimpson

Reefing newb
So, I was looking around the sides of my tank and was looking for any aiptasia and other interesting things and came across this little thing... I honestly looks like a tiny rose... It is no bigger than a pencil erasure, maybe smaller...Any thoughts on what this thing is? It is really pretty though... These are the best pics I could get do to the location in the tank...

redthingintank002.jpg

redthingintank003.jpg

redthingintank004.jpg

Shrooms are common hitchhikers. It was probably on a rock where you couldn't see it, then detached and floated around to a new location. Good find, red ones are pricey.

you prolly bought a rock which used to have shrroms growing on it. i have bought a LR before and after a couple of month that it's been in the tank it started sprouting red shrooms al over the rock.

Really Yote? I bought a rock with 4 red mushrooms, they were $10 a shroom. Luckily, two of them have split since then. They have them at my LFS all the time, but they are as pricey as ricordeas for some reason.

Really Yote? I bought a rock with 4 red mushrooms, they were $10 a shroom. Luckily, two of them have split since then. They have them at my LFS all the time, but they are as pricey as ricordeas for some reason.

Yep,I've never seen a red shroom here in Chatt Town.If I did I'd snag it up.

that is a long work week. if you are dead, you can't enjoy all that overtime!!!

-Doc

Back