Frenchie's 75 gallon build thread

hard to tell cause i still got an old 4 mega pix camera and its cheap but these lights are freakin bright, daylight 12k bulbs are nice with slight blue to them.

IM001138.JPG

IM001137.JPG

IM001136.JPG

IM001135.JPG

been busy so instead of already have plenty of water already to go i filling jugs of ro and filling as they get full. One question though never used a overflow before and this one is utube style, how do you get the thing started.

finally everything is transferred over to new tank. some of live rock was kept in my 125 which has had a hair algae outbreak again since i ran out of marine SAT and powerhead shot craps on me so bad flow didn't help any so some rock has hair algae and some new rock i got cheap from local reefer has calupra fern all over it which will be gone quick cause i got 2 new tangs for tank a scopas tang and not sure what kind other tang is either a kole tang of some sort or a bristle tooth tang. Now i have to sell 29 gallon setup so i can get a in sump skimmer and get rid of hang on skimmer.
DSC00140.JPG

DSC00134.JPG

DSC00130.JPG

DSC00132.JPG

DSC00136.JPG

DSC00141.JPG

with all the lights on looks like a 15k color, which was good cause i wanted more of a light blue color not so much white as 10k so when i get my zoos and ricordea stocked up in this tank colors will really stand out.

Looks great French.
Yep,its a Blue Eye.It was originally going to be one of the tangs for me except it was never in stock anywhere.

everything looks great. That tang looks great. Please try to get more close ups of that scopias tang

-Doc

been awhile but had problems with sump and skimmer, my UPS delivery guy gave me a berlin he had that was broke and i fixed it and ran good for a week than pump locked up and a baffle blew out which meant time to drain sump and redo it. Well all the chaeto and calupra got put into a bucket with a powerhead for three days until sump was fixed but what i didn't realize i forget to put heater in bucket and water got to cold and when i put everything back together the dying algae made tank stink caused a big cycle and now some leathers and mushrooms melted away. But luckily on reef central a local reefer posted a euro reef rs skimmer 25" tall for sale for 100.00 bucks and i beat everyone to pm by 3 seconds and now i'm a proud owner of finally a real skimmer. Now i have a phosphate reactor load full of phosguard and carbon and new skimmer running and things are lookin better in one days time lost all my pulsating xenia and a bunch of snails and feather dusters. Have to say this skimmer is the sh?t, turned it on and it is milk white full of bubbles now i see the difference between good skimmers and cheap skimmers. Probally an over kill for a 75 gallon but i'm ordering a new stand and sump from glasscages.com to house a sump for my 125 gallon and tearing it down so i can place a sump and an octopus nw200 and a fuge as well. Oh yeah and found a awesome pet store in st. louis that has frags out the ass cheap there website is gatewayaquatics.com and there other is zomania.com bought 3 florida rics and got 2 free, so i got a yellow, orange, purple, blue, and some rare green spotted purple ric.
IM001158.JPG

IM001157.JPG

IM001156.JPG

IM001155.JPG

thanks doc, just about lost it, glad tank is coming around now i'm freakin lovin this skimmer never had a sump on a tank this is first one my other tank has 2 hang on remora pro's which is no comparison at all to this euro reef, i'm gonna tear down my 125 and put a sump in but next i'm using a octopus nw 200 there just as good but half the price at thereefstop.com and marinesolutions, which i just found out there is now new octopus extreme skimmers and premium aquatics is carrying them.

good to see progress, sorry you lost all those corals though. at least you made up for it by getting a good skimmer for a good price.

yeah mangrove leaves are bad for water, the only way to really see mangrove get alot of growth is to wet leave down with tank water every so often and they will take off quick other wise they grow real slow.

got pics of my new sump skimmer and return pump for my 125
IM001189.JPG

IM001188.JPG

here is my new bamboo floor, this was the whole reason i got to tear tank down and add sump and new skimmer
IM001187.JPG

Back