Frenchie's 75 gallon build thread

got some new pics in my gallery and some new ones in this post
first are my new duncans i was finally able to find and expensive to.
IM001301.JPG

IM001300.JPG

and next is my mystery lps coral not sure what it is so i need some help with this one
IM001304.JPG

and some pics of homemade live rock a buddy gave me on a trade, gotta drill some more holes and do a little chisel work to get it how i want it.
IM001293.JPG

IM001289.JPG

Typical SPS care. High flow and good lighting.
Just don't place any coral down current and close to it. These corals are very aggressive and will put out stingers that will kill any coral it makes contact with.
I have mine isolated in a corner.

75 gallon tank is doing awesome, got lots of lps, zoos, rics, chalice, brain corals. 125 gallon recovery from big hair algae problems since i tore it down for new sump and skimmer. At big cleaning crew, bunch chaeto, and a foxface which is loving all the algae. New purchases yesterday rose bubble tip anenome and duncan coral.

Looks great,nice color on the rocks.The duncans look good too.It looks like a hydnophora to me as well.They are considered having a potent sting second only to an elegance.

this aquactinics tx5 is great, another than that i only use seachem reef complete, seachem carbonate, and purple up once in a while and rock is purple as can be and this tank is still very young.

an additive for calcium and has iodine in it usually about 20 bucks a bottle around here, supposed to help coralline algae take off in reef tanks.

wifes got one i just don't know how to use it, i took some pics with the better camera and put them in my photo gallery

Back