Frenchie's 75 gallon build thread

looks great. love the color of the floor. My wife wanted something like that but is cost too much.

-Doc

i like the bamboo better than the hardwood actually, each box was 70 bucks and each box 23.8 sq feet. i had 24 foot x 12 foot living room, i bought 13 boxes, underlayment cost 200 bucks for whole room.

I got a steal on my light wood floors. I got lucky in that they were the ones with "25% more free" so it cut down on the number of boxes. How long did it take you to put it down? did you have any gnomes to help? :mrgreen:

-Doc

me and wife did it on weekend, just have bottom trim to do and it will be completely finished. we floated it in and shimmed around room to keep tight and allow for expansion, no glue or nails allow interlocking.

Think I'm just gonna call D and bobby when the wife decides she wants a new floor.:mrgreen:It looks great.
The tanks looking good too.

Tank looks great D! I see you got all the algae cleared up and look like alot of purple spreading. Did you do it with that STAT stuff? Floor looks awsome. I wanted to do the bamboo too but that stuff is expensive. Look awsome though.

thanks john, now i researching a top off system for my 125 gallon and since this tank is in living room and not near my ro/di unit i'm think of putting a ten gallon tank under stand with jbj auto top off controller to take care of top off water.

my new red chili coral opening up good, been looking for different color softies like reds, yellow, orange, green, anything different.

dude i got 2 tangs, yellow tang and yellow eye kole tang, not that easy tank was torn down to put in wood floors and add new stand and sump it takes time no big hurry have to let tank fix itself. In mean time i added 15 mexican turbos, hermit crabs, 6 of the real big striped turbos, got stomatella snails breeding like crazy in that tank, and got a huge sea hare last saturday.

this one i igot is different than the last blue spotted kind and this one is also freakin huge, the only thing that sucks is i have to turn off powerheads and use only flow coming from sump cause no matter what i do my sea hares in past always got stuck in powerheads. Biff you got any new pic of your tank in your build thread havent seen your tank in a while how is it doin.

Back