from the begining to now!

Corals don't count towards your bioload because they don't produce any measurable amount of waste like fish do. You can add corals to your system fairly quickly and not worry about "overstocking" with corals. One thing to consider is for the most part, you don't want corals touching each other because they'll sting. So how much space you have and how you place them will dictate how many you can have.

ok....... new light fixture finally !
march16010.JPG

march16008.JPG

march16007.JPG

so I am going to wait about 3 weeks or so to make sure the tank stays stable...then start loking at corals. some zoos and mushrooms and lps's
get excited now .

Seems That I Really Cant Get My Nitrates Down Under 10 Ppm. But At Least They Have Been Stable (not Going Up) I Think I Am Going To Upgrade To A 72 Bow Front In A Month Or So.. Hopefully !!! We Will See. I Am Going To Go Coral "hunting" This Weekend To See What I Like At A Couple Lfs. Will Post If Io Get Any !

most recent updates.... SORRY no Corals yet. The newest additions are 3 emerald crabs to get rid of the bubble algea. Hopefully I will be able to add some corals soon. ENJOY !
may232008018.JPG

may232008008.JPG

may232008019.JPG

may232008003.JPG

may232008002.JPG

may232008001.JPG

maytankshot.JPG

I will be honest with you MArk, the hex is a pain in the BUT!!!!!!!! i wish I waited and started with a 46 bow front. TRUST ME LESSON LEARNED!! thanks for all the comment !!!!
i can curr. i just found a 100g long tank from my buddy for 250 w the stand
as soon as i get some money togther im goin to buy it and toss the hex. it such a pain to clean and aquascaping is the gayest thing with tall hex tanks

ray ray looks like your off to a great start. ther has been some frustrating spots along the way, but we all have them.

one suggestion i have is a much larger cleanup crew. i made the mistake and now im trying to beef it up. can you say algea bloom! I have been ordering 20 crabs and 30 snails at a time for $50 from www.GARF.org im sure one order will do you proud. they will always take care of you and they almost always throw in some GARF grunge or a free dvd.

other than that things look great for you. I hate the css but thats personal pref and I own one so i can say that. :) keep the pics coming!

so I figured I would just add some pics of my 1st coral. It a Hairy mushroom coral. It seems to be doing great.
coral3002.JPG

coral3003.JPG

this is about 3 hours after I 1st added them.
coral2002.JPG

I'm just not sure what to go for next. SPS are out because for some reason I can't seem to keep my Nitrates under control. Yhen again my test is over a year old so they might not be accurate. I mean it seems that everything is doing ok. Tons of critters, the only loss was an emerald crab. I've had my snails for over a year along with "mator". I might pick up a new Nitrate test kit and see what happens. We'll see whats in the future after that. I really LPS corals. I llike green stars and galaxias. maybe some more mushrooms and some zoos. We'll see !!

Xenia will help with nitrates and phosphates.According to a book I got at home,xenia grow like crazy where beach resorts dump their waste water back into the ocean.

Back