from the begining to now!

It will look 10 x's better when I have the money to invest in more corals !!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!! Damn MONEY!!

well I haven't added any photos lately on the tank showcase thread because as a lot of you know i had to move and breakdown the tank and relocate. It was a little stressfull to say the least. But I got to add my sump with a fuge so I hope things will become better with time now. Thanks to Alex, Yote and ccCapt for all their suggestions and help!!!
so enough rambleing and more photos!!!!

Built new sump, MAg 5 pump and overflow
sumppumpover1.JPG

the new stand, minus the front doors, they are being made by my brother.
newstand1.jpg

the holding tank for the move. 10 gallon w/ the skimmer and powerhead and heater
holdingtank2.jpg

the original plumbing....Which was done wrong by me!!!! Had to re-do it.
sumplamp002.JPG

the holding tank for the live rock ! $8.00 can't beat that.
liveerock.jpg

the overflow and returns
FINALSETUP005.JPG

the double ended MH ballast.
FINALSETUP006.JPG

tanks final resting spot!!
FINALSETUP1.jpg

the new plumbing
newplumbing.jpg

the FUGE section of the sump. The light looks a little yellow. I will check Melevsreef.com for the correct household lamp.
FUGE1.jpg

Full Sump view
sump2.jpg

the NEW set up.
TANK3.jpg

they are entering at the sump??????? I put a small bag that you can hold carbon in with a piece of the blue/white filter pad on the skimmer side and they stopped a little , or just made them smaller. And in the fuge side I put the filter pad right inside the output to slow them down there????? But there is no bubbles in the overflow at all ???

well it's December of 2008, and my tank is almost 2 years old.:^:
I have had tons of help from everyone here!! THANKS SO MUCH !!!

Here are some new shots.
dec29sideshot1.jpg

dec29side2.jpg

dec29matorbullet.jpg

dec29littleman.jpg

dec29bulletnewhome.jpg

dec29bullet.jpg

hopefully the new year will bring new corals !!!! I really have been thinking about what I want to do with the tank and I think that it will be a mushroom and ricordia tank mainly, but I also want a couple LPS corals. So we will see what the year brings.

Dang, Ray... you have got to be the most PATIENT reefer I've ever seen!
Tank is looking great!

So did you ever get rid of your microbubbles?

d2mini, patient, maybe, low on funds MOST LIKELY !!!!! LOL. Everytime I go into my LFS I'm in there for hours just imagining !!!
Yeah, the micro-bubbles are gone. I think it was almost like the skimmer that has to break in. Once the plumbing had that famous coating in them the bubbles went away.

Back