Garlic Dosing and what to use?

I'll have to pick some up from there next time. My brother actually make his own last night. He mixed a clove or 2 of garlic, mysis, brine and ro water in the blender. Added a little to the tank last night with his feeding. Do you think that will be ok?

IF i were to use it ,i would most definately use fresh,because of allicin.This is the good stuff you want.It is only released when a clove of garlic is crushed,minced,chopped ect....It breaks down rather quickly,and it is the opinion of many ,that the bottled stuff just does not measure up to fresh.

All you wanted to know about allicin, but were afraid to ask! :D
Allicin.com

Might not really be the most important compound, stomach pH has something to say! see section on 'allicin potential'. An interesting read nonetheless!

Thanks ONN! Looks like the two articles actually agree, I read very quickly, but the section on 'Barricades' is similar to what I read. I wonder if any of these extracts use a stabilizer? Prolly not. Maybe enough allicin/alliinase adsorbs through the alimentary canal, before the stomach acids, to be of benefit?

I'll still continue with my GVH, other good tuff in there besides the garlic!
Cheers!

Back