Getting a big tank/setup for freeeee

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
I have a friend of mine that is going to give me his 150g reef setup. He had it setup for about two years and just couldn't keep up with it. The tank right now is full of water, rock, sand, and has 3 full sized pajama cardinals. It also houses a TON of carpet algae.

There are 4 koralia powerheads in the tank, it has two returns on the sides, and dual overflows. There's about a 75-100g sump underneath it too. Skimmer is no longer functioning, but it may just need a good cleaning. The sump is setup to use bioballs/filterfloss.

I'm having issues deciding where to put it! It's 74" long, 20" wide, and 70" tall. would a tank like this look funny behind a couch? I wouldn't mind sliding the couch out to play in the sump.

It's a big beautiful tank/stand but I don't know how ridiculous that would look. The rest of the house is fairly well covered with the wifes stuff...china cabinets, etc. I've considered one of the guest bedrooms, but I'd like it to be setup where people can see it.

Long story short..sorry, I'm excited...how many of you guys that have your tanks in your living rooms have them behind your couch?

I'll post pictures of my living room to help out with the location imagination stuff.

Last edited:
Gdbyrd...

Just a quick question that caused me to relocate the tank into the kitchen area from the living room. What flooring do you have in your living room? If you have carpet than I would be hesitant to put it in the LR as you will spill water at some point. I ended up putting mine in the kitchen when we moved as I was nervous about the carpet (new house). Very glad I did as I've had more than one major leak and it's far easier to clean up.

Where ever you put it you will need to access it quite often so behind the couch may be a bit of a pain. I'm always amazed at how many times I have to do something to the tank...

Back