ggNoRe's 29g Biocube HQI

GG, that tank.... look..... AMAZING!! great work, you are lucky, picking up some amazing additions there and I love that aquascaping, going to have to do something similar for my cube when I have time. Or a bonzai version. :D

Thanks Jmck! Bonzai... sounds cool! Can't wait to see it. Yes, Biff is right (as always...) I just used a ton of superglue in gel form and held it there for a slow 30 count. Here's the pics of the birdsnest:

6/1/2010
IMG_4559.jpg

7/15/2010
DSC01250.jpg

[FONT=&quot]WoW! [/FONT][FONT=&quot]That looks great!! Congrats, I think that surpasses the growth on anything in my tank so far! xD And you started after me... =P
You must be doing something right ;)

[/FONT]

:mrgreen: thanks guys! I accredit it to me being anal about my parameters. Well that was until recently.. hadn't tested for half a month until yesterday and found out that either my mag test went bad or I completely went overboard in dosing it. Getting readings of somewhere near 1600 now. Is this dangerous? My cal is a lil higher than what I consider optimal at 450 and alk lower at 7 flat. I'm confident ill get things back in order but just goes to show that being lazy (I hate testing for some reason) in this hobby can quickly change the outcome of your success.

Last edited:
Nice corals!!! Tank is looking awesome.

As for your mag...

Not sure if 1600 is too high...but I will say apparently nuisance algaes (green and red bubble) hate high magnesium. I am trying to get mine up to 1400.

Go some nice frags thats for sure.

450 is good for cal. how much higher is your cal? my lfs keeps their sps tank at 520. so don't worry if its a bit higher.

Thanks! Cal is at 450 and so far nothing seems to mind the mag so I think I'm ok as long as I don't dose anymore. Got 13 more frags today! :mrgreen: will hopefully post pics tmrw when lights are on.

Last edited:
Haahah I totally understand. Everytime I buy some stuff I tell myself I'm not going to buy anymore and let things grow out. Never lasts long.

Haahah I totally understand. Everytime I buy some stuff I tell myself I'm not going to buy anymore and let things grow out. Never lasts long.

Im about to do that! i need to let things grow and over feed them so the corals take over the tank :P

Yea. All 13 from the $10 section. I'm really pleased with the packaging and delivery they colored up right away and I turned my lights on just a couple hours after putting them in the tank.

Back