Going to look at the 180....

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I'm going to look at the 180
She's agreed to 400 for the tank because she wants it gone by the weekend! I'm going to look at it and if its all she says it is, I'll be bringing it home tomorrow provided I can find some bodies(someone told me a 180 empty is 500lbs, is that true?)

Its more tank than I ever planned, but it will be soooooo worth it. Standard tank size 6x2x2. Will t5's penetrate 24"? I'm already thinking lighting.........can you tell I'm excited?

Also, someone told me my eel and maroon would be fine with my other fishies in a 180 due to the size? Is this true, cause if so, I'll likely go down to one tank.

Yeah, I'm nuts, she made it too sweet to pass up on! I'll never get a 120 for this price....with the pump...I'm heading in about 15minutes, lets just hope it looks good

I know..... our song is a slamming screen doors sneeking out late tappign on the window cause its late and your mama dont know...

OK, its bought and will be picking up tomorrow.....(:

Tank180002.jpg

Tank180003.jpg

Tank180004.jpg

Tank180007.jpg

Tank180008.jpg

All right HiBye!!! A song from my generation! :Cheers::mrgreen:

Edit:
And while I used to listen to Twisted Sister and Iron Maiden, I also listen to Country!

Last edited:
if i were you id get atleast a mag 18 for that tank, just to aim for atleast 10x turnover, i mean i am running an 18 on my 120, but good buy still

I wasn't sure about the pump either, but everything is brand new, so I figured what the hell. The tank is made by Miracles, I'm not sure if they are popular in the states, but they are pretty much the main choice for serious reef peeps up here. Glass is 3/4 thick, and holes are 1.5 I believe

www.miraclesaquariums.com

Last edited:
Alright! welcome to the 180 crew! :h5:

That is no joke those things are heavy. you will definately need to recruit some good help. I have only moved mine once bare bottom and it was still super heavy. other 2 times has been with sand in it. that made it much worse. last move was 6 of us lifting it through a chest high bedroom window that was 25 1/5 inches wide. talk about a close fit!

Congratulations.
That pumps kind of a personal choice,IMO.Some people like more flow through the sump.My self,I like a slower flow through mine.Gives the skimmers a little more time to do their thing.

Back