Got motivated today

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
Decided to take a few pics of the ol 36 with my roommatetes digital SLR. 10 megapixel :)

here is the Flame angel zoomin around

Picture037.jpg

peppermint shrimp just chillin

peppermint.jpg

my Lavender tang, busy divebombing a crab

Picture040.jpg

and the sixline

Picture044.jpg

great color on the camera - nice looking fish. Is that a vanuatu flame angel?

-Dr Marco :sfish:

It is a flame angel. however is there really any way of knowing if it was from Vanuatu or not? I thought they were mostly from around Hawaii

Last edited:
those fish are so much prettier than the gerbil you own.... u know the one, its white after the bath but, brown after pillow talk.

Yote,

I have had better luck with flame angels over any others leaving corals alone. I have had three coral beauties and they all have nipped at corals and clams. Lemon peel and Bicolor angels are the worst. They both massacred my corals in the past. If you are looking at a pygmy angel, go for the flame. I think the vanuatu flame has more blue on his tail.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

thanks guys, yeah I got the lavender tang because I really liked the subtle yellow spots that they get on their face and I also was hoping that it would take care of plenty of detrius and algae. seems to have done well so far and also has a wonderful personallity. definitely outshines all other fish in the tank. makes up where the colors leave off for sure.

as far as the flame yote. you have NOTHING to worry about. my flame has never even so much as thought about eating at my corals.

Thanks,for the advice on the flame.I may go ahead and try one.BUT.
If it ever looks at or nipps one of my corals or my clam,Im gonna mail every body a small piece of the lil feller.,,lol J/K.
But my go ahead and try one.

oh I don't doubt it yote. I know how ruthless you are when you get irritated. you get the tacklebox out and start ripping stuff out

Great pics!! I love the flame.

I have the same problem yote. I want a coral beauty or a flame, but I'm scared they will nip. I might give one a try though.

Back