Grassman's 55 Gallon Reef

I've switched the tank over to BioPellets.

243-BioPellets.jpg

244-Reactor.jpg

245-BiopelletsinReactor.jpg

Here's a video I took of it running. Turn your monitors 90 degrees to the right to view it properly.

55 Gallon Reef :: BiopelletsRunning.mp4 video by SmokinGrassman - Photobucket

might want to turn the flow down a tad, you want a little tumble throughout the chamber just enough to keep the pellets moving. over time, the pellets will get heavier and not flow as freely so you will have to increase the flow to ensure nothing solidifies.

might want to turn the flow down a tad, you want a little tumble throughout the chamber just enough to keep the pellets moving. over time, the pellets will get heavier and not flow as freely so you will have to increase the flow to ensure nothing solidifies.

Thanks. I slowed it down from a roaring boil to a light simmer. I'll post a new video tomorrow night.

So how do you like the TLF reactor? I'll probably need a GFO reactor for my new tank. I was planning on getting the nextreef reactor but it's kinda pricey. I'm skeptical about cheap reactors since I'm not very happy with my BRS reactor... :?

So how do you like the TLF reactor? I'll probably need a GFO reactor for my new tank. I was planning on getting the nextreef reactor but it's kinda pricey. I'm skeptical about cheap reactors since I'm not very happy with my BRS reactor... :?

I'm quite happy with it. It worked for GFO, and now pellets. Only thing I don't like is the maxi-jet pump that came with it. When I setup the 120, I'll be plumbing it in with my main return pump.

Back