Green Bubble tip

JJC

Reefing newb
So Ive had a GBTA for about a month now and it has split 3 times so far and i was wondering if this is a good thing or a bad thing. All of them eat during feeding time. Although i only feed them once a week with a couple pieces of either mysis or small silverside pieces. I've seen that some people think that splitting is a bad thing and some say that its a good thing..Just wondering what you guys may think..the one that i originally purchased is only the size of a quarter and the ones that split off of it about the size of a dime..So my conclusion is that it must be a good thing that it is reproducing. But would like to know other opinions..My tank is roughly 8 months old now and have PC's but have it located near a window where natural light comes into the tank as well.

from what i know , splitting can come from both good or bar reasons... from what you described, i am assuming yours is splitting for bad reasons. The reason i think this is because 1) you have PC's which arent the most powerful lights and anemones are probably the most light dependent animal we can keep in our tanks, and 2) your tank is only 8 months old, anemones require a really well established tank which isnt quite the care yet for your tank.

when anemones split because they are stressed or unhappy, they do so in order to increase odds that one of it's "clones" will end up surviving... so it splits many times to increase those odds... just my 2 cents.

Did you buy the GBTA or did it "appear" in your tank? That size just seems small to me, although I don't have much experience with nems. I'm wondering if you have majano and your mistaking it for a nem. I'm not trying to doubt you so please don't think I'm saying "YOUR WRONG" I just thought I'd pose that question.

I'm wondering if the LFS didnt sale you a majano and call it a bubble tip.
I'm bettin you got took for ride on that one.

no it didnt just appear in my tank i bought one. And i do know what mojano is..I kill it as soon as i see it. Its definetely a GBTA.

Back