greetings to all

jtdesigner

Reefing newb
Hi,
New to this, but here goes. I started my dream saltwater aquarium a couple of weeks ago. Water has been great, fish great, etc. Added a mushroom coral attached to a rock today. As soon as i plunked it down in the water, something slimy crawled out of a hole, looks like a snail, it's about 1/2" long, and is now sliming it's way along the front of the tank glass. Any opinions as to whether it's a good witch or a bad witch?

well welcome to the site. without pictures cant even make a guess. on another subject it sounds like you just might be pushing it a bit fast by adding animals so soon. Recommend you go to the helpful articles and read the articles on the 1st page that pertain to beginning saltwater etc. hope this helps and again welcome to the site.

Yes, well, I am a bit impatient:oops: however, I've tested my water every single day since setting up the tank, added the bio-stuff to "speed up" the cycling, etc. When the brown stuff covered everything in my tank, after adding the very expensive light for the corals, I also took a water sample to our fish store, and they informed me that my water was perfect and my cycling was complete and I could go forward, albeit cautiously. So I added the mushroom coral, which is supposed to be easy to maintain, a goby to clean up the brown stuff on the substrate, 6 tiny blue-legged hermit crabs for the same purpose,(not 20, as they suggested) an emerald crab,cause he was so cute, (and my purple porcelain crab has been doing fine), and of course, Nemo, because I couldn't help myself. :sfish: Thanks for the advice, I will check out the link:mrgreen:

Back