gren bubble tip anemone

Ashna

Reefing newb
what do you feed them? is mysis shrimp ok? My friend kari bought on an the LFS said nothing just light. but ive been on google and it talks aout adding iodine once a month and weekly/bi-weekly supplement feedings. unfortunatly as it says is sea lol. WOW! big help google lol. any ideas? i have no clue, i today just figured out that they werent corals lol

There are a few things you need to know about nems.

First, they require pristine water conditions and very high lighting. They are also extremely sensitive to changes in parameters, and any amount of nitrates are toxic to them. Also when they die, they can kill everything else in the tank from the toxins they release. So they should only be kept in mature tanks over a year old.

Also, i would not dose anything. Just do your regular water changes and that will be enough for them.

Feeding them mysid or silver sides once or twice a week is a good idea too

I would stay away from feeding them silversides. It's not been scientifically proven but, there is a lot of evidence out there of silversides causing spontaneous deaths in anemones. I just let my anemone get whatever food floats to it when I feed my fish.

not mine lol i dont have good enough lighting nd i know nothing about them like i said i thought they were corals not inverts but thanks guys ill let her know. but her tank is like 4 years old

i doubt she will lol but ive had to start over once b4 so i wont put n e thing in there that i dont know what to do with

Back