Guarda's 20G Cube

Figured I'd take a new fts and some macro shots before going for brunch today. Hope you guys like them.

jpbuy9.jpg

Platygyra Maze
icoirt.jpg

Dragon Soul Favia
k2d2k6.jpg

Superman Cypasthrea
nn6uxw.jpg

Psammacora
2zgvtah.jpg

And here's Sony, looking like a chubby torpedo.
21k9taq.jpg

Ooops, didn't know the THANKS button was only for useful comments and not for responding to compliments. Thanks Brian. Wish I could place it up higher as it's gotten pale on the sandbed but I can't find a spot for it since it's fully encrusted onto the frag plug and egg crate. Any ideas?

Me too Hannah. On the local forum we have something called dbtc (don't break the chain) which I occasionally take part in to give out frags. Is there something similar on LR? I could frag some Xenia, some eagle eye zoas, pink and gold palys, and maybe some purple hornets. Recipient covers shipping.

You could start something like that, however it would be very hard because we are a world wide forum and i would be afraid of it being abused (ie, the frags not being given away).

I too have something locally like that, which i am very large supporter of. I usually average giving away a frag a month. I have gotten many things in my tank from that program and have been happy to help it grow.

But, i do want me some purple hornets! ;)

Karma runs on the honor system so I'm not worried about it. :) Gonna pull some rocks out in the coming days to take off some red turf and I'll frag some stuff and make a new thread. Maybe we can have a poll where people will vote for another person they think should get the freebie or something.

I am impressed that you have such an awesome tank using LED's which EVERYONE says no way it cant be done.

Lots of people on here are using LED's to great success, and have become highly recommended, especially in the last few months. So im really confused as to where you are getting everyone says it cant be done. I admit, i didnt think it was possible yet but i have been proven wrong, and i am looking forward to upgrading the LEDs

I am impressed that you have such an awesome tank using LED's which EVERYONE says no way it cant be done.

There are several people on here currently using LEDs, and just as many that are in the process of upgrading to LEDs. No one says it can't be done -- my LFS started using LEDs over their display tank 5 years ago.

Thanks for the accolades guys :)

LED's have come a long way, and prices are coming down as well. Aqua Illuminations makes some killer modules. Ecoxotic is another led mfgr if you want to check them out. What's interesting is that my friend is getting some pretty good coral growth using a cheap 15 dollar led strip (from china) he got off ebay. One difference between him and I is that he is anal about his params and water quality, which leads me to believe that water quality is probably just as important, if not more important than lighting. After the second month, I think I tested my water 3 times, just to check calcium consumption for fear of overloading and crashing the tank. I'm content with mediocre growth rates because I really don't want to do much to maintain my tank. Weekly 5 gal wc, feed mandarin daily, algae swipe every 3 days, and the occasional kalk or trim of algae that pops up is all I really do. I spend waaaayy more time looking at the tank than actually maintaining it, which is the way it should be, no?

:)

Amber, I had huge success with my AIs when I got them - I'm predicting "conventional" lighting will be passe within 5 years.

Guarda -Sweet tank, I can't believe I missed this thread, looking wonderful. The Platygyra is a gorgeous specimen. Kudos on returning the tang, I know a lot of people don't have the discipline on doing the right thing for the animal.

Just a quick update. Tank is doing well. Added a sixline after dealing with sixline envy (Sarah's) for so long. Breaking it down and selling it towards the end of the month and a new 36 gallon will take its place. :))))))) Cycling some dry rock in a bucket as we speak!

Back