Hello again...with setup pics this time(pre water)

ok, so we're going to swap out the skimmer and get different salt. should i spring for the SS for a 125 or stick with the 65? i like to ultimately (maybe a couple years, maybe a couple months) the the skimmer from a sump. to do this i'll probably have to run a pump from the sump to the skimmer and back to the sump, can this be done with a super skimmer or should i look at a different one?

The SS can be used in a sump. Just got my sisters hooked up this week. Looks like it's a pretty good skimmer so far. Been running for about a week so far with no problems.

Go a head and get the 125.IMO,you cant over skim and if you decide you want a bigger tank,then you already got the skimmer.

Thanks a ton for the help, after biff mentioned that LFS have high prices on dry goods i went back and looked at exactly how much more it cost rather than ordering on line and the price difference is $173 for the canister filter, 2 powerheads, and the skimmer. The prices from online were from Drfostersmiths website. it helped that all four of the items were part of their 25th anniversary sale. sso even with rediculous shipping (which it isn't) it would totally be worth it to return the stuff or i'm just throwing that money away.

So, i'll be taking it back to the store tomorrow and either getting it price matched or returning it. I'll fill you guys in tomorrow on how it went...

the thing i'm most worried about is that i'm too nice and the same guy that sold us the tank and stand sold us all of this stuff and, it's completely stupid, but i'm worried he'll be mad at me. he's a really nice guy, but that is just too much money to just forget about.

thanks again for all the help guys and gals.

well, i took it all back and saved almost 200 dollars because of it. I ended up getting the SS 125, oceanic salt, still the koralia 3s, and i also bought my lights. went with the Nova extreme pros with 6 bulbs. reeffreak recommended some bulbs to swith out and try so i'll probably be ordering those soon. the RO/DI unit is on the way also from the filter guys. so i've got 2-7 days to get the cable jack moved so we can put the tank where we want it and move the TV. then i can really start in on the tank.

I'll get some more picks when the shipment gets here. and i'll probably start a new thread in the tank build section.

thanks again for all the help guys

well, it looks like everything is going smoothly. it's all scheduled to get here friday and i'm scheduled to finish my list of stuff to do for my wife before the fish tank tonight.

Back