help! disastrous water change! help

lilduud

Reefing newb
so within the course of me changing one gallon of water... a piece of rubble clogged the tubing.. i spilled water everywhere in my room... and worst of all my mandarin had a panic attack and kept swimming over to where i was sucking things up but then freaking out and wedging himself between the feeding jar and the glass so i would have to move it because he was stuck and frantic which made him more frantic and in turn he swam into my bubble tip anemone like NINE times!!! im so scared hes gunna die.. now hes swimming up and down the same corner and breathing hard and sitting at the bottom in the front which e never does... any advice? can he die from the sting? or is his mucus too protective...?

THE WORST IS!!!
i have to leave at 1 today to go to julian for two days!!! ahhhhh im freaking out helllppp

wonderful. well hes stopped breathing hard and is just hiding in his corner acting pretty normal at this point.. i would assume he would continue to act dazed and strange so im hoping he will be alright.. input?

He didn't stick to it or get stuck in it or anything... The anemone didn't do anything but retract a little... There were no visible signs of stings but he brushed up against the anemone a few times and was then acting strange. He was acting completely normal and eatin a ton before I left tho so I'm praying for the best... No longer there and can do anything now but worry.

Mandarins have a slime coat that is toxic. LFS employees have complained about the rash they get from sticking their hands in the Mandarin tanks. His slime coat probably protected him to some extent.

Back