Help

It started yesturday.

https://www.livingreefs.com/hmmm-t32966.html

Woke up about 30 min ago and my tailspot is in a lil cubbie hole breathing hard not moving. My mandarian hasnt moved in 20 min. Just sitting on the sand bed breathing heavy. I think im about to loose my fish and idk why!!!!! I turned off the new powerhead. Anyone got any suggestions!!!!!!!???? I dont want to come home to a bunch of dead fish =(:frustrat:

Retrace your steps. They were all fine until you did what? Test all your water perams. Also are you getting good gas exchange in your tank, the surface of your water should be rippling.

Yea fast if u click the other link I tested all params....the last time i seen them acting normal was before I left for the frag swap yesturday....I just fed the tank. The two fish did come out and eat a little.....the gas exchange should be super as I just added another powerhead just to blow at the surface....I'm so baffled. Ugh idk what to do. This is Gunna kill me. Everything else seems fine in the tank. The watchman seems fine all the coral. My inverts seem fine. I just don't get it.

Wouldnt stray voltage be hurting everything in the tank? Just like if i accidently leached something in the tank, everything would be hurting and thats not the case here. My corals never looked so good since i put that powerhead in. My watchman and my pistol shrimp my harlequin's, snails, crabs, eveything else is fine but these two fish. The MD seriously hasnt moved in over 30 min, just chillen in the same spot...see if i can get a decent vid before i go to work here.

Sorry to hear that bro...maybe those two were fighting each other, which is why they're the only ones breathing hard and not really moving.

Dood i totally asked about fragging my zoa's. Fast and biff both said they frag while still in the tank. I ripped the zoa's off the rock and of corase some opened up and oozed shit all over...figured since i was told it was okay to do it that everything would be fine.... So what your saying is thats prolly not the case.? I just got home from work and he's still alive but still pussy footing about not really moving. My corals all look normal as hell. Except the zoa's...their kinda flapping in the wind there but they are open. I do run a carbon filter biowheel idk if that will take the toxins out or not.....i guess im just gunna have to take a back seat and see what happens.....I'd like to thank anyone who took time out to try and help. It means alot to me. *sigh* :(

all zoa's are diffrent for what chems they have in them. It wont hurt them to be in ther air for a long time what you want to avoid doing is crushing zoas when you frag them. if i frag in tank i have some aquatic tissue scissors that i use to cut inbetween the heads b4 i pull out a part to cut up for frag plugs i have a rubermade container with saltwater in it that i let frags sit in for a bit b4 i put them back in the tank so glue can cure and such.

idk if its some kind of palytoxin thats doing this to your fish just a guess hope they look better in the morning

Back