Homer`s 105 gallon tank build

So I get that the one that abandoned ship was the large one.. so get another large one.. , so they won't fight and they should at the least buddy up.

So I get that the one that abandoned ship was the large one.. so get another large one.. , so they won't fight and they should at the least buddy up.

I am thinking maybe, I should export my clown to my brothers aquarium, he has no fish at all... but the exporting is... 24 hour drive - 1242 miles :)... Will the clowfish survive in car in a 14 liter box with live rock? :)

The problem will be keeping the temp stable. If you are serious about doing that I would use a five gallon bucket and figure out how to keep the temp good. Maybe a tiny heater and a portable outlet that you can plug into the cigarette lighter?

A cooler would be better with a battery operated airstone. The insulation on the cooler should keep the temp stable and the airstone will provide water movement and oxygenation. As long as the cooler is in the car with heat shouldnt lose heat to fast.

Poor clown!

How's about to a LFS, clowns are always in demand?

I am leaving this country tomorrow morning, so either, I take the clown with me or I don`t... temperature won`t be a big problem, because in the car there will be around 21- 22 degrees celcius... which of course,is lower than needed, but still not too bad... water movement - braking and acelerating.... but... now the more I talk, the more I understand, that I should just take it to the LFS or buy a second clown.. bigger one, or a lot smaller..

but I will export - live rock, two hermit crabs and urchin....

I am leaving this country tomorrow morning, so either, I take the clown with me or I don`t... temperature won`t be a big problem, because in the car there will be around 21- 22 degrees celcius... which of course,is lower than needed, but still not too bad... water movement - braking and acelerating.... but... now the more I talk, the more I understand, that I should just take it to the LFS or buy a second clown.. bigger one, or a lot smaller..

but I will export - live rock, two hermit crabs and urchin....

.. big smile.. today... they most likely will not be open tomorrow.

.. big smile.. today... they most likely will not be open tomorrow.

Yeah, I know... My clowns stay at the aquarium, but the hermit, urchin live rock`s will be exported... Because in Latvia, there isn`t any saltwater aquarium shops , but there is need for it... So any one wants to start a business?

Monthly sallary in Latvia - 300 - 400 dollars per MONTH :D

Hermit crabs, zoanthids and leather survived the 2 day trip in a box.... Blue tuxedo urchin died 8 hours from the new aquarium :(

Guys, I need some good words....

I am still on my vacation,I return in Netherlands after two days. few minutes ago received phone call from my friend, who is watching my aquarium...

Apperently the powerhead had stopped or jammed... there for my coral is dying, and my blue cheek goby has died, and probably my cleaner fish as well, the whole aquarium is covered in "spider" webs and yes. I managed to guide him via phone, to fix the powerhead, but thats about it... I am so close to crying :( :( ... Sometimes these things are just too much :( :( :(

Sorry to hear this...take a deep breath....it wont be as bad as you fear when your get there. We are all a bit crazy for loving this hobby. When you get home take stock of what you have. Water tests and equipment checks. Then go from there. We will be here to cry with you if need be or cheer when you get everything fixed...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTRts51yE8&list=UUe14KVT4CsSCOAKgeduq3xw&index=1]My builds update... - YouTube[/ame]

my newest update.... If You don`t want to watch the video, here is a quick description: I came back from vacation, and everything is dead in my aquarium... EVERYTHING!in better note, I glued together my refugium and tested out SMD lights :) (probably for my refugium), and talking about plans to continue with refugium and shelf build on tomorrow...

This sucks....sorry dude. All this because of one jammed power head? Was that the only flow in the tank? I am going on a 7 day cruise next June...I have no one to watch my tank because we are all going. Seeing this really has me worried. Anyway....it seems that you are prepared to keep going which is good. The sump looks good. When will you leak test it?

This sucks....sorry dude. All this because of one jammed power head? Was that the only flow in the tank? I am going on a 7 day cruise next June...I have no one to watch my tank because we are all going. Seeing this really has me worried. Anyway....it seems that you are prepared to keep going which is good. The sump looks good. When will you leak test it?

Yeah, it sucks horribly :( ... And, yes, that was because of my only powerhead... Whitch caused xenia and leather coral to die, which lead to a loads of toxins being released in water and then everything started to die and of course ammonia probably went sky high, making sure that everything dies... except the cute red feather duster worms, which is why I have hope and will to continue my salt water journey. It`s something like red rose growing in dumpster.

I have left my clownfish 7 days without any care, it was fine... Just fatten them up before leaving,and maybe if You have artemia eggs, then drop them in the aquarium the day you leave, so, 1 day or two days after you have left, the fish will have some food...

About technical brake downs.... You can`t predict them... If Your powerhead dies but you have two, no biggie... But if your heater dies and just boils your fish, can`t prepare for that ... :(

I am thinking I will really need to buy a controller before I go. That way the heater will be managed and it can also run a ato for me. Should probably have it anyway. I lost one tank to a heater malfunction two years ago. Was at work for 12 hours and came home to a tank boil. Needless to say I check the heat in the tank constantly now..

Hmmm...that is a problem. So as it sits now the "drop" would be two inches. It would flow but how much? hmmmmmm......ok if it was me. I think I would add a 3/4 inch sheet of plywood between the stand and the tank better would be two sheets. If that looked ok then drill the hole as high as allowable. I would think you are still putting some sort of overflow box inside the tank so you will need that drop space. :twocents:

Back