Homer`s 105 gallon tank build

The link took me to the vid....how do you get the vid on to your thread..not just the link? I have been watching every video...You are doing great work...You even gave me the inspiration to try the video I posted last night....or this morning...

The link took me to the vid....how do you get the vid on to your thread..not just the link? I have been watching every video...You are doing great work...You even gave me the inspiration to try the video I posted last night....or this morning...

Well, sometimes it happens automatically, this time it didn`t and that is why I asked, why the youtube link isn `t working (by that meaning, the big picture) :) ...

I have subscribed to your channel :) ... And You have better camera ... You have bigger potential :D

If you move that over to your sump it might just make it where you dont have a big cycle. You will already have a bio filter running. You will get a minni cycle but wont be as big. Those little worms on the rock are tough...they will make it. On a side note...I dont have sand in my refugium...I dont think it is needed...

If you move that over to your sump it might just make it where you dont have a big cycle. You will already have a bio filter running. You will get a minni cycle but wont be as big. Those little worms on the rock are tough...they will make it. On a side note...I dont have sand in my refugium...I dont think it is needed...

Ted, sand is needed... so the verdict is,,, should i do it or not?

It is totally your call I dont have sand in my refugium. It is totally what you want to have in it to make that decision. My refugium is live rock and cheato. There are also some asteria snails and a turbo. I have it this way for two reasons. First if its not going to be a deep sand bed 6 inches then why have it? I dont have mangroves or shaving brushes in it. My macro choice is cheato. I dont need something that needs a place to root. Second it is so much easier to keep it clean. I can look in the side of the sump and see if I have build up and if I do I can just suck it out. I run a sockless sump I dont want pods getting caught up in a filter sock. The more good things floating in the water the better. my corals, fan worms and any other filter feeders has a nice steady supply of natural food.

If you do use you sand from that tank you are going to need to rinse it anyway. Otherwise you will get a ammonia spike. If you dont use it you will probably not even see a minni cycle. :twocents:

I`m filling it with water :D .. .I am carrying the water with two tanks.. From a LFS that is 1,2 km away :D... My arms are killing me... i carry 120 pounds.. and yes, my elbows are killing me :)... I need to make 8 more runs and then the aquarium is full...

At least you wont have to go to the gym for a couple of days...:D

Aquarium is filled :) :) :)...

Bought to hermit crabs for my refugium and a
OrangeSpottedNassarius.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe_AnJx7E8Q&list=UUe14KVT4CsSCOAKgeduq3xw&index=1[/ame]

Last edited:
Normally coming right out of the tank is the 90 elbow. That is where I have seen the airline added to stop the gurgle. I would think where you showed would do the same thing I just am not sure if you will need to feed the airline down the line or back up to the overflow. Other problem is if its up then water is going to go up the airline....Before drilling....Try running the airline through the bullhead and see if you can find the pocket of air that way. If that works then it saves you a possible needless hole in the plumbing. The air pocket or spot is normally 3 to 4 inches in. Oh If that works then you will need to secure the airline...Found that out when my overflow sucked in the airline and I had to go fish it out..

Normally coming right out of the tank is the 90 elbow. That is where I have seen the airline added to stop the gurgle. I would think where you showed would do the same thing I just am not sure if you will need to feed the airline down the line or back up to the overflow. Other problem is if its up then water is going to go up the airline....Before drilling....Try running the airline through the bullhead and see if you can find the pocket of air that way. If that works then it saves you a possible needless hole in the plumbing. The air pocket or spot is normally 3 to 4 inches in. Oh If that works then you will need to secure the airline...Found that out when my overflow sucked in the airline and I had to go fish it out..

Ok, will try that (finding the G spot :) ) .. , I have a lot of silicone left, so I can secure a lot of things, where they should be :)

Back